Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Apr 3, 2016

[ALL OS] Problem searching Synology NAS Library

Hi Bose Support Team,

I have a big problem with Soundtouch and my music library on my Synology DS216j NAS.

I can choose single Albums, Songs or Artists and play them, but as you can hopefully imagine, it is very awkward to go to the stuff you want if you do it that way ...

As soon as I want to search the library, doesn't matter with which device, Soundtouch gives the following error:

Hmm ... We can't find your music library. Make sure your computer or NAS drive is on and not in sleep mode (Error 1600)

Any suggestions or soluttions for this one? 

My workaround is mostly Spotify - but there are a good few albums on my NAS that are not available on Spotify.

Thanks,

Central

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

Re: [ALL OS] Problem searching Synology NAS Library

Same problem here, happened since the latest round of app updates. Previously worked.

Happens on both my DS116J and my DS216play. Both had no problems previously and music is properly indexed (other devices can search and access it fine).

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 1, 2017

I have the same NAS I will test and report back tomorrow.
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 1, 2017

Exact same issues here.

Playing works fine but searching gives the same error.

I have a DS216J
Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Apr 3, 2016

Hopefully one of the Mods reads this, comments so we know and pass it to the developers ....

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hey all,

This is something we've been looking into and doing research into recently.  If you check out this thread, we've shown that the search function does work under certain circumstances and right now for the Synology drives, you can search for Tracks, but not for Albums for Artists.  It's something that is being worked on right now by the software development team, but I don't have any sort of time frame as to when it will work 100%

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 16, 2017

Hi Brandon,

can you ask the devs what I need to do to get Synology library searchable? The latest update has made it even worse as I have now lost track searching.

Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Apr 3, 2016

Hi Bose Team,

I as well would like to know how the status is with this issue. I bought my Synology NAS because of your recomendation and it is just not working. What is the point of a NAS if you can't search your music?

Please post an update.

Regards,

Central

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi all,

Absolutely, let me look into this.  I should have an answer for you all later this evening.

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

Yeap i can confirm it still is not working at all!

Niether of my Synology NAS' will search, all come up with a "hmmm there seems to be a problem" searching by Artist or Albums.