Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoyBaz
Participant
Registered since

Jan 8, 2016

AM300 Lack of bass

I recently purchased a ST300 to go with my new TV, and to add to the ST network of speakers already in the house. I loved the ST300, so decided to splash out a further £600+ gbp on the AM300. Plugged it in, paired it, carried out the ADAPTiQ setup, and........very little. There’s hardly any bass at all. When I turn the bass up on the ST300, all it seems to do is to give a background constant bass. A kind of ‘wind rushing by’ sound. I’ve read that this is a known problem, but not one o saw on any of the Bose marketing stuff I read before making the purchase. I’ve been buying Bose for over 20 years, but this is hugely disappointing. What is going on? If Bose cannot fix this issue then surely I have been mis-sold a product. It is not fit for purpose!!!
7 REPLIES 7
RoyBaz
Participant
Registered since

Jan 8, 2016

Re: AM300 Lack of bass

An update: I moved the AM300 to a different location. Paired it again (I’ve got the solid white light) and tried again. I’d say there is paracticaly no bass whatsoever! If I press my ear against the box, I can hear muffled voice, but little if any bass. That would suggest to me that there is a connection between Soundbar and sub, but something seriously amiss. So, do I return this to the vendor or do I await a response from Bose?
jaybo41
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Have you tried contacting Bose Phone Support about this issue?  

RoyBaz
Participant
Registered since

Jan 8, 2016

Not yet. I only connected it all yesterday so wanted try try a few things first. Also, I assumed that Bose Support would monitor these threads.
jaybo41
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

While Bose does monitor the forums, it is more difficult for them to keep up with the sheer volume of posts here.  I suggest contacting them directly to see if they can help you.  

RoyBaz
Participant
Registered since

Jan 8, 2016

So I spoke to Bose tech help. 1 hour waiting, then 30+ minutes trying stuff. Conclusion was that I should return the box as faulty. Anyway, next morning I decided to have another go: I googled how to unpair the AM. Seems the only way to do that is to factory reset the ST. After a factory reset and fresh installation - boom - all seems to be working.
RoyBaz
Participant
Registered since

Jan 8, 2016

A related question.  Now that I think my AM300 is working, I'm still questioning whether it's working correctly.  The guy on the phone told me I shouldn't be able to put my ear anywhere close to it without losing my hearing.  I have it set in the middle (on the ST300 bass setting) and when listening to a YouTube Bass Test, I was definitely getting bass, but not so loud that I couldn't put my ear right up against it.  How can I check that it's working as it should?  For £600, you need to be sure the equipment is doing exactly what it's supposed to do 🙂

Tony_A
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi RoyBaz,

I'm not sure that this information is 100% correct regarding not being able to put your ear next to it.  It should provide quite a bit of power, but not overwhelming to the point of damaging hearing at all.  If you're hearing bass as well as feeling it by putting your hand on the bass module, it should be working as intended.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support