Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 29, 2017

ARC Still Problemmatic With ST 300?

Hi,

I am coming up on purchasing a soundbar/sub for a new house. I've read what seems to be an inordinate number of comments (here and Amazon) about problems with the ARC connection on the ST 300. Has this been recitified by firmware? Has anyone had a trouble-free experience with the ARC connection recently?

Thank you in advance,

Long Time Bose Fan

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 10, 2017

Re: ARC Still Problemmatic With ST 300?

Hi @jimmykent

Samsung KS8000 with latest firmware 1203.6 + ST300 v16 stable and working perfect here.

ps: You won't find the same soundexperience anywhere else believe me 🙂

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 29, 2017

Thank you. There seems to be so many negative reviews I was beginning to wonder if anyone is having a good experience. It also seems things can go awry with a firmware update of either the TV or the ST 300. Since things are working for you, have you shut off auto-updates to the firmware on both? 🙂

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 10, 2017

@jimmykent wrote:

Thank you. There seems to be so many negative reviews I was beginning to wonder if anyone is having a good experience. It also seems things can go awry with a firmware update of either the TV or the ST 300. Since things are working for you, have you shut off auto-updates to the firmware on both? 🙂

ARC can be tricky sometimes... Tv is disabled yes and ST300 well I upgraded/downgraded many many times without any problems (it asks for updates).

I know we are going to see some nice requested features in the new apps.

Remember it is impossible to satisfy everyone but Bose does listen to us if we keep requesting our wishes.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 19, 2017

Hi, I have the ST 300 and AM 300 connected by HDMI/ARC to my Sony KDx7000D TV and have never had a problem. This has been the case with Firmware 14, 15 and now 16. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 29, 2017

Thanks @Ferrous. I'm beginning to feel a bit more optimistic. Functionally, the ST and AM 300 are almost exactly what I'm looking for. On thing I wish it had was line outputs for the rears so one could utilize speakers other than the VI 300s. I will have two 891 In-wall speakers driven by an SA-5 installed in locations that would work well for rears. My plan though is to purchase two receivers for the VI 300s and connect their outputs to the SA-5 through a voltage reducer of sorts..