Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 16, 2017

About AM300 noise

Dear All

Recently my AM300 will sound noisy randomly,especially when the movie/music/game has a windy sound or bass.

My tv is Sony 55X7000D,I had changed two hdmi cable、use optical cable、factory reset,but AM300 still sometimes output noise bass.

However,when I use cellphone Bluetooth to play the same source,AM300 will work normally.

I dont know where it went wrong.But I'm sure it happened that the two months happened.

my ST300 firmware is 16.0.12,App version is 15.120.23

I use PatR171 suggest the music to record the noise,as follows:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54OYZOuSGiQ

Thanks you all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: About AM300 noise

Author Accepted Answer selected by profit

Hi profit,

Sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your AM300.  Thanks for the video, this helps greatly in diagnosing the problem.

This is a very odd issue.  You've tried most of the initial steps I would recommend, so thank you for that 🙂

Does this happen on the SoundTouch source?

I also noticed that the router is right next to the AM300.  This could be causing interference, which can make poor quality audio like this.  Can we move the router away from here, or temporarily unplug the power from it and test the AM300 again?

Hopefully this fixes the issue.

Thanks,

Brandon

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by profit

Hi profit,

Sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your AM300.  Thanks for the video, this helps greatly in diagnosing the problem.

This is a very odd issue.  You've tried most of the initial steps I would recommend, so thank you for that 🙂

Does this happen on the SoundTouch source?

I also noticed that the router is right next to the AM300.  This could be causing interference, which can make poor quality audio like this.  Can we move the router away from here, or temporarily unplug the power from it and test the AM300 again?

Hopefully this fixes the issue.

Thanks,

Brandon

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 16, 2017

Hi Brandon,
Thanks for your kindly suggestion.
I have turn off the asus router power and away from AM300.
Then Am300 come back normally,and sounds good.
I will continue test the ST300 and AM300 Work correctly.
BTW,I still not receive the upgrade message from cellphone app.
Is the lastest soundtouch FW 16.0.12?
My location is Taiwan.
Thanks a lot.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi profit, 

Thant is good to hear. The latest version for iOS is 15.120.23 with an interface version of 16.150.53. We have an article HERE explaining of our latest release. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Kind Regards

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 3, 2017

Im glad I fianlly found someone with the same issue.

My AM300 bass makes the exact same sound... How do I fix this (or how does BOSE fix this?)

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Bosemad,

Thank you for your post. Sorry to hear that you are experiencing a similar issue. Have you tried temporarily disabling your wireless router as mentioned in the solution above? Reports of strange sounds from the Acoustimass 300 are commonly associated with wireless interference. 

Let us know if the issue goes away while your wireless router is temporarily unplugged. If so, you may need to consider moving the router further away from the bass module (or vice versa). 

Best regards,

Brian

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 19, 2017

Hi, My AM300 started developing this strange noise shortly after a software update, mainly when long deep bass from a movie, regardless of volume, tried switching position and recalibrating, Subwoofer is not near a wireless router or any other device, recently changed the router anyway, noise seems unrelated, phisically inspected the unit and it seems fine but noise occurs still, any advice?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello SolidBose,

Thank you for posting. I am sorry to hear you are having this issue. This was working prior to the recent software update? How far is the AM300 from your system?

Have you tried a different power outlet to determine if it could possibly be interference occuring? (I do understand there is no router or other device nearby as you mentioned)

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 19, 2017

Hi, sorry for the late response as i've been a bit busy at work but the issue still remains with my subwoofer, i tried in a different outlet, replaced wireless router, router in a different room now, no fix yet, this is driving me craxy, here is an audio clip https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DSVxtxfa8PzBqOFtdXmg8UP6YjCyMpoA

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi SolidBose,

Thanks for your response. I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this issue. Also, thank you for sharing the recording. This doesn't sound like the "popping" sound others have described, usually from wireless interference. As you mentioned, it instead sounds like a vibrating/knocking sound that specifically happens when the speaker is playing deeper bass frequencies. 

Assuming you've already tried resetting the product by disconnecting power, disconnecting your router temporarily, and your system's firmware is up to date, I'd recommend reaching out to your local Bose Technical Support Team by phone. This way, we can best assist in determining a resolution for you. You can find your local contact info HERE. Once you have selected your region, select Support, then scroll down and select Contact Us.

Thank you,

Brian - Bose Support