sibbeast
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 26, 2018

Acoustimass 300 Popping Sound

Hi, My subwoofer has always made a popping sound ever since I bought the woofer. I have reset the system many times, talked to customer support a few times and I have even had the system sent to the factory for repairs. I still have popping sounds whenever the woofer is active. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Is there any fix to this, no amount of software updates have fixed this issue. Its been less than a year since I've had this subwoofer. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Acoustimass 300 Popping Sound

Hi sibbeast,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you are having. I see that you have already reset the system, was there any other troubleshooting that you have done? 

Please come back and let us know,

Tony - Community Support

sibbeast
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 26, 2018

Hi Tony,

For troubleshooting I've done:

• Disconnect the subwoofer and reconnect to the soundbar
  • Unplugged from the power and plugged again
  • Updated software
  • Talked on the phone to customer support who helped in reseting the system
  • Had the module sent to the factory for repairs

Neither of these steps have helped, even after the repair I had to do a few of them and still I have the popping sound.

Hi sibbeast,

Thanks for responding. Based on the troubleshooting you have already done, I would contact your local Bose support again. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us".

Good luck and I hope it works out for you,

Tony

mattbuk
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 8, 2017

Sorry the be the bearer of bad news, but I think you're stuck with it.

I made this post last year and it seems a lot of people suffer from it. It was made to sound like a one off when i first reported it. (https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/Acoustimass-300-popping-noise/m-p/120957#M62280)

I've had both the sub and touch bar replaced and the issue is still happening, so it would point to an environment issue, but still, this is no excuse for BOSE.