Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QuilpieGuy
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 11, 2017

Re: Acoustimass 300, SoundTouch 300, and reports of low bass

@Brent_B

If you're looking to test your Speaker systems, IMHO, you can't go past these to put your system through it's paces.

Speaker Testing Tracks available on Spotify search for Speaker Testing Tracks by Cambridge Audio. 

It's actually a pitty Bose doesn't appear to have something similar, at least not that I could find.

Dave Gilbert76
Advocate
Registered since

Aug 14, 2017

@Brent_B

I am rather baffled why you need our suggestions to test the system but in the spirit of co-operartion here are a couple of suggestions.

1 Film: The Martian - scene when Matt Damon is collecting samples and the storm blows in--- the sheer force of the storm is lost on AM300

2. Song: Staple Singers -i'll take you there.. the bass in this song all the way through is missing that colour in the AM300.
Keith.adley@strother-labs.com
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 16, 2017

Hi Brent_B,

can you share with us the tracks and movies that Bose use for testing then we can hear what you guys are hearing.

Keith

Bs_loyal
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 28, 2017

Grahambythesea wrote

"Re: Acoustimass 300, SoundTouch 300, and reports of low bass
I updated my SoundTouch 300 today 23 august 2017. The sound is now awful!!! Impossible to listen to, so tinny, no bass at all. I cannot use this now, the TVs sound is better than the soundbar. When will this be rectified please? This is poor for a £600 sound bar!"

Bose has admitted that firmware 15.0.20 has issues. Why then does it not block the ability of users to perform further upgrades until the problems are fixed?

henquepenke
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 1, 2017

[post to get thread updates]
PatR171
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 10, 2017

@Bs_loyal wrote:

Grahambythesea wrote

"Re: Acoustimass 300, SoundTouch 300, and reports of low bass
I updated my SoundTouch 300 today 23 august 2017. The sound is now awful!!! Impossible to listen to, so tinny, no bass at all. I cannot use this now, the TVs sound is better than the soundbar. When will this be rectified please? This is poor for a £600 sound bar!"

Bose has admitted that firmware 15.0.20 has issues. Why then does it not block the ability of users to perform further upgrades until the problems are fixed?

Good question but I don't think we get an honest answer to this, Bose still thinks it's a small group but I get complaints from people from all over the world every day now

henquepenke
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 1, 2017

Any update regarding the timeline Brent?
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi henquepenke,

Nothing just yet. Let me circle back with the software team and see if I can get something new to share. 

Thanks 

itsgauravkumar
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

As you guys have already acknowledged the issue with firmware, can you stop pushing the firmware from your servers so that rest of the customers do not stop crying like others and whoever has downgraded the firmware can use the app.

I am one of the customers who had to downgrade the firmware and now I cannot use the app because it pushes me to upgrade the buggy firmware.

Try to put yourself in customer's shoes! Your products fall in premium category (in terms of price) and people make it as one of the big investments.

PatR171
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 10, 2017

Hi @Brent_B

Testing music for SoundTouch

I find this music extreme useful for testing purposes with standard Bass settings before or after an "update" for example, You don't have to like the songs but these really show what your system is capable of (or not) and will explode in your ears Smiley Very Happy

If you have some more please share here

Enjoy!

Leon Else - Black Car