Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Msagman
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 28, 2017

Re: Acoustimass 300, SoundTouch 300, and reports of low bass

With the Latest firmware upgrade, my soundtouch 300 no longer works with TV. Spent hours going thru resets. Nada. EXTREMELY frustrating.
PatR171
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 10, 2017

Hi

How do you like the new sound?

You can go back to the previous version here>

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/Downgrading-to-best-version-14-0-33-Working/m-p/59...

A new firmware is coming in a couple of weeks hopefully..

gajones
Contributor
Registered since

May 2, 2017

If it's any comfort, firmware issues are also affecting Sonos users..

https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/28/16214106/sonos-playbar-audio-issue-7-4
Bs_loyal
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 28, 2017

Msagman wrote:

"Re: Acoustimass 300, SoundTouch 300, and reports of low bass
With the Latest firmware upgrade, my soundtouch 300 no longer works with TV. Spent hours going thru resets. Nada. EXTREMELY frustrating."

Here we we go again! Bose has acknowledged the problems associated with the upgrade. Why, Why, Why, Why..... doesn't Bose spare customers the inevitable agony by disabling the upgrade until a fix is available 

PatR171
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 10, 2017

Yep

We are not the only one...

Latest Samsung firmware update for MU series bricks your tv, Nice job everyone>

Visit my Amazon store for products I use in my videos: https://www.amazon.com/shop/bitsbytesbobsFrom keeping your TV clean to building an isolation deck, to ...
xloook
Participant
Registered since

Aug 29, 2017

Hey @Brent_B

Like they others I also have the they bass lose after updating to 15.0.20. I did rest my setting and skipped the ADAPTiQ-setup and got some bass back. But what's killing me after updating to 15.0.20 is that they HDMI Arc issue is back... I have my tv and soundbar mounted to the wall and twice a week I have to lift down to access the walljack behind and reset. I did try with they optical output but I don't know, the soundbar didn't sound as good as with they HDMI arc and also I lose "tv and soundbar acting like one"-function.

I really hope that u can fix the bass-issue and ALSO the HDMI arc-issue like the update 14.0.33 when everyting worked as it should. The soundbar+acoustimass most be one of the most expensive tech I have in my Home and it's also the tech with most issues and it feels kind of sad to spent those money.

Hope you fix it and don't forget about the HDMI arc

Sorry for my bad/decend english

PatR171
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 10, 2017

@xloook

In a couple of weeks comes the update..., If you can't wait for this then you can go back to the previous version.

DJM
Participant
Registered since

Aug 29, 2017

I wanted to add that as a lover of the ST300 and Acoustimass 300 I am highly disapointed with the sound adjustements of the last update.  I will note that my soundbar now turns on appropriately with my samsung tv and does not change the video input on my tv when it turns on.  However, the sound (base levels at low volumes) and dynamic rages are completly gone with the last update.  I rather go back to having to manual adjust my tv back to the input I was watching then watch tv with the new update.  I have litterally gone back to using my crapy tv audio as it seems to have more dynamic ranges of sound then the bar and sub currently have.  Bose I commend you for not filtering your message boards. I hope a fix to the sound issue comes quickly.  I tried to retune using the adabpt mic and it did not help. 

DJM
Participant
Registered since

Aug 29, 2017

Seriously I would like to go back to the previous version in the meantime as well!

DJM
Participant
Registered since

Aug 29, 2017

Try changing the HDMI-ARC to default from alternate in the SoundTouch app - my tv now seem to work perfect with the soundbar when powering on and off - no input change interuptions like b4 or handshake issues.  I must say the sound is now out of tune with the last update.