Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Josuavn
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 3, 2017

Re: Acoustimass 300, SoundTouch 300, and reports of low bass

Thanks MykelNeiD. Will have a look tonight and see what firmware I'm running.
jshield7
Participant
Registered since

Sep 4, 2017

When I first got my bar and am300 combo I was blown away.

I noticed a serious degradation in the bass quality after the update as well.

Look forward to getting the sound I demos in store and at home before your buggy software update.

Things happen, I get it, but please don't just ignore it.
Sundar
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 10, 2017

Is there any update?

Dave Gilbert76
Advocate
Registered since

Aug 14, 2017

@Sundar.

i have sent my test results back to Bose earlier this week for 16.xxx i can be fair to this community and to Bose and say I would expect Another round of testing to take place before they attmept to roll anything out from their servers to your App. i think the Development team still have some work to do. We are all keen to get this resolved and have our music & Movie library sounding as it should!

Cheers,

Dave.

Josuavn
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 3, 2017

Awesome thanks for the update Dave

Msagman
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 28, 2017

Hello Dave. Are they also fixing the connectivity issues through ARC. As mine still does not work at all now. Only Optical works.
Dave Gilbert76
Advocate
Registered since

Aug 14, 2017

@msagma

I dont know the answer to that one and i'm still having to turn off my system &(Samsung UHD 40") about once a week. I've switched inputs so that my Sky Q is in HDMI 1 on tv - Apple TV is in HDMI 2 and DVD is in HDMI in on ST300 with the arc cable going out 'ST300 into HDMI 3 on my tv.

Maybe its just pure luck but that seems to have settled it down a bit more. Sorry i cant shed anymore light than that.

Take care

Dave.
mileswilson
Participant
Registered since

Aug 11, 2017

So still no thunder for you with 16xxx? Or better but not good enough? Can you share some details about what your experiences are?

Dave Gilbert76
Advocate
Registered since

Aug 14, 2017

@mileswilson,

Honestly i dont think (hope) the version i tested will be rolled out as a release. I used a couple of good Bass songs including a few by Daft Punk to really push the dynamic range....yes of course it was better & adapt IQ smoothed it out -- but it wasn't a Silver Bullet and i had the ST300 on Max setting (films & Spotify) so clearly there is scope to improve. I dont know how many testers there are but i'm sure the feedback is probably consistent - on the right track better than 15.xxx just need to keep pushing the power and dynamic range back up to thunder levels like we all experienced in store.

Dave.
slicksurf
Participant
Registered since

Aug 31, 2017

Hi

I've been following this thread since the start and have avoided the update thankfully. I've just added the VI to the setup but can't really adjust them via the app.
Could Bose release a version of the app as a stop gap that allows the app usage without forcing an update?
It's a brilliant speaker set and it's a real shame those who updated are suffering poor dynamic range. Hopefully this is fixed real soon as the version 14 sound is just fantastic.