Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shreyas1983
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 13, 2017

Re: Acoustimass 300, SoundTouch 300, and reports of low bass

I have sent back the test report for v16.x firmware as well, and in my honest opinion, it now sounds pretty much the same as v14.x. However, it's good that the mileage differs with other test users, because everyone has a different setup. Hopefully BOSE will sort out the firmware soon and roll it out.

Msagman
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 28, 2017

Thanks. Nothing has worked for me, once the Arc stopped working. My connection is simple. Arc between Samsung Q and the 300. I have done hours of resets and turning off/unplugging both to no avail. And with the very limited Bose support hours, have not been able to contact them directly.
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi everyone, 

I wanted to post an update here. As was previously mentioned, we are actively testing beta software with several users and collecting their feedback. We intend to improve audio quality, and we felt that working directly with some of the first reporters on this issue would be best. 

As we continue through this process, I will post weekly updates on this thread. 

Thank you!

StuartBB
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 3, 2017

Hi Brent,

I appreciate the transparency.  But does "post weekly updates" imply this is going to take weeks to fix?  I bought the system 1 week ago, paid 50% more than USA prices due to the country I live in (fine, that's the price), so I have $2,300 of equipment laughing at me in the living room at the moment.

I'm going back to the Bose shop where I bought it from in a couple of hours, where it sounded magical, and I want to see from his iPad what firmware he used for the demo, a week after version 15 was launched.

santhosam72
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 17, 2017

Hi Brent,

I owns ST300 and AM300. After software upgrade 15.0.x, I am haunting for Thunder and Feeling in the speaker. When I was using 14.x.x version, I was wondered what a very good system we have and plan to add Invisible Speakers 300 as well.

Now i put on hold to by buy Invisible Speakers 300, Until the issue Bose going to fix it.

Also, very surprise to see in Olx web site already some of people started selling there ST300 with Warranty the price of 40,000 Rs. (INR). I believe, they are all upset with Patch 15.x.x

Thanks.

magic100
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

Hi Brent,

when you have developed a fix will it eventually be rolled out to all Bose UK Customers or only those that ask for it?

I Don't HAVE time to keep monitoring this thread and so would like confirmation that it will go out to every one. 

MykelNeiD
Mentor
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

Maybe it does sound stupid, but i think as soon as the fix is ready it gets rolled out to everyone?! This is not supposed to be a fix only for particular people as there probably people that don't even ever considered to raise their voice in here..

The only thing that is going to particular people is the preview firmware for testing purpose, nothing else.

TekHead
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 22, 2017

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the update, hope its all sorted soon. Meanwhile I wait hopefully & patiently for this to be resolved.

Cheers

Alan

mattbuk
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 8, 2017

Thankfully I've only been waiting a few weeks for this update and not months, like the majority of people.

Out of interest do any of you suffer the random popping noise from the sub? It almost sounds like someone's walking over a loose paving slab. I've already exchanged the sub for a new one,  it it's still happening.

Dave Gilbert76
Advocate
Registered since

Aug 14, 2017

@mattbuk

That popping noise only happens for me if i turn the AM300 off at the plug? Bit of a long shot but are you keeping it plugged into the same slot? Might be worth moving it around to rule out a break in power supply causing the popping. Like i say- it is a long shot!!

Dave.