Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dave Gilbert76
Advocate
Registered since

Aug 14, 2017

Re: Acoustimass 300, SoundTouch 300, and reports of low bass

@Casaaaa

It is not ideal but please do a factory reset - pair the speakers again- and do not calibrate your system. Yes its uglier and nowhere near how it sounds before 15..xx but it is a good compromise for now....

Or follow the steps patR171 put together and re install 14.xxx
Jcm800
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 27, 2017

It's all ppl need to do for now.
Josuavn
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 3, 2017

Hi OB

We all feel your pain.... I'm the sure majority of us had the same option, Bose or Sonos and we all chose Bose for a reason, not due to loyalty but .....it was just better.

Just like you, I bought my ST 300 a week ago and just like everyone else got stuck with the lack of bass etc. As you have probably read Bose has tested a new software version which needs tweaking but hopefully will be released in a couple of weeks.

If you are looking at trading to Sonos ....well you will be disappointed, they too have firmware issues.

So stick it out mate,Bose will have a solution soon

jaybo41
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

I too have been fortunate enough to be testing this release over the past week, I've been quiet about this and have purposely avoided looking at this thread as I wanted to formulate my own opinions.  I've caught up on the dialogue here and I'm in agreement with @Shreyas1983. This version should make the majority of users quite happy with thier SoundTouch systems once again.  I'm not an audiophile, I'm an average listener.  Previously with 14.x I had to set the Bass setting on 2 or 3 whilst listening to music.  When the last release came out I had to bump that up to 4, recalibrate with a blanket over the AM 300 and still didn't feel it produced enough bass.  The new version has me sitting back at 2 or 3 on bass levels and I did not have to use a blanket whilst recalibrating.  I can't say with absolute certainty the sound is identical to 14.x but it sounds very, very, very close if not exact to my non-professionaly trained ears.  

Have patience folks, the good folks at Bose are working on this and hopefully there will be a public release very soon.  Thanks to all who've pushed this issue in a positive direction and thanks to the folks at Bose for addressing this issue.  It goes a long way to restore customer sastisfaction and faith in your products.  I'm looking forward to having this put behind us all so we can enjoy our systems and looking forward to other opportunites to improve upon this diamond in the rough of a system we've purchased.  

Webarcher
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 9, 2017

I too have very low Bass. How van I see which firmware version I have?

QuilpieGuy
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 11, 2017

Setting > About > Soundtouch 300 or what ever name you having the speaker

Webarcher
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 9, 2017

@QuilpieGuy wrote:

Setting > About > Soundtouch 300 or what ever name you having the speaker

Thanks! 

Msagman
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 28, 2017

Brent, are you also working to address the ARC connectivity issues?  Mine is non-functional since last update.

TekHead
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 22, 2017

Hi, 

Telling someone to " Relax Mate" because they are in the same boat as everyone else here is not very constructive. I do not understand why Bose is still pushing V15 out when they know it is flawed. We still keep getting new people on this forum who are complaining quite rightly, about their very expensive equipment not working as expected. Why can't Bose stop pushing the software until it is fixed, at least that would stop further customer anguish and bad fallout for Bose.

cheers

Alan

TekHead
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 22, 2017

PatR171 You keep telling us that we can revert to V14 to get a better sound, and I get that, but then we lose the functionality of the Soundtouch app because it will automatically update to the flawed V15 again. I don't understand why Bose can't stop this happening, or am I not understanding something here.