Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dave Gilbert76
Advocate
Registered since

Aug 14, 2017

Re: Acoustimass 300, SoundTouch 300, and reports of low bass

Good evening all.

i have been in dialogue with Bose over the differing experiences of testers on this thread. I was directly asked the question from Bose regarding experiencing thunder on 16.xxx and for me it is not there yet both with and without calibration & factory resets etc... I have my AM300 on max with Adapt I Q on and it is not worrying my neighbors! It's is not that I have a huge appetite for bass as under 14.xxx I used to have it mid point at the most. It's just that there is nowhere for me to go in volume, everything is maxed out but something is still lacking when I play my favourite songs, movies and TV & its stopping me from enjoying the content as I did before.  

The net result is now the boffins at Bose want to do a home visit with engineers to set up some mic's and do some analysis which is fine by me. I am 100% convinced that i am not imagining it -- and there is a marked difference (sure we have made progress!!) between 14. & Beta 16 & after ruling out my AM300 is broken, I'm sure the engineers will hear what I'm hearing in my own space!! I'll keep you posted. 

Thanks. 

Dave. 

TekHead
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 22, 2017

Thanks Dave, I think we will all be very interested in the results the Bose engineers find,

lets hope it leads them to a successful firmware update, with the mighty sound we all deserve.

GuyinPA75
Advisor
Registered since

Oct 16, 2016

@Animal wrote:
And I mean it when I say bose are being very pro active in trying to fix this problem

So it proves to me they are really trying here guys.

They need to allow to adjust treble, mid, etc, as well. If not then really feel the ST300 is a failure. Every time play a movie or watch netflix, my ears hurt and have bad headache. The volume is not up at all either. 

Heck even Sonos allows adjustment of treble. 

magic100
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

A few days with version 16 beta firmware now and to me there is more than enough base and maybe more than version 14 on some movies/content. But i am only comparing with memory. 

I was watching the movie 'THE TOWN' on Amazon at less than my normal volume because it was late and didn't want to disturb others. There was allot of Base and i could even reduce to less than mid point. BY THE WAY I LIKE EXTRA BASE as a preference. 

The type of Base increased vs Version 15 is low Thunder rumble, but what is not there is Base punch compared to soms much cheaper Bose Cinemate systems. 

Levi29
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 8, 2017

i would like to test beta firmware. can anyone tell me where to download?

Casaaaa
Participant
Registered since

Sep 9, 2017

Yes we need some answerrs ! DO SOMETHING BOSE !!!

Jcm800
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 27, 2017

Some people...
MykelNeiD
Mentor
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

@Casaaaa nice try. I keep my possible insults for you with me. Maybe some day you will realize that reading the content of a multiple page long thread does make sense instead of putting stupid stuff in it.

Stonebreaker1
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 9, 2017

Well that was a slightly surreal interlude.
I for one am glad that the community forum exists to assist dialogue between Bose and its customers in order to identify issues, solve problems and share ideas. I think the recent collaboration between Bose and forum members to develop firmware 16xx as not just a patch but a genuine search for broader improvements in reliability, listening experience and functionality is great. I hope this collaboration over the beta version will be a blueprint for how business is conducted in the future. For that to happen, Bose needs to acknowledge issues raised by community members (which it has done here) and community members need to respond in a spirit of collaboration. I am really grateful to those community members who have taken on the beta testing and who are working hard to get the best outcome for all of us - thanks guys ... and it's been brilliant getting updates and insights from you all - gives it all a sense of progress and a determination to get it not half-right but completely right.
jaybo41
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

@Stonebreaker1 I couldn't have said it any better myself.  This situation has illustrated a tremendous collaboration of community and Bose working together to improve upon the product.  I hope we've turned a corner and am encouraged by what's been transpiring here and truly hope the trend continues--both by the community members and Bose.  Huge props to @Shreyas1983 and @Dave Gilbert76 for reaching out to the high level contacts at Bose.  They've been instrumental at getting this process working and moving in the right direction.

I get it that folks are frustrated when things don't work, particularly when spending a lot of money on this system.  Some of the messages I see here though, WOW, just WOW.  Is there any wonder nothing gets done?  Can you imagine if part of your daily job responsiblity was to log in and read through posts like some that have been expressed in this forum?  Personally, I cannot.  Nothing productive will result from negativity, keep it positive folks!  

I'm also in agreement, feedback from those doing the testing to compare to my own notes has been an interesting read. Looking forward to @Dave Gilbert76's next report.