Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dougjc2000
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 4, 2017

Re: Acoustimass 300, SoundTouch 300, and reports of low bass

100% agree.  I'm sure Bose has developed some "lessons learned" from all of this.  Hopefully, the collaboration continues in a very positive way.  From the getgo, I thought we just needed to give Bose some time to get this right.  I do find it amazing how some apparent owners make statements that the system is a loser because it doesnt have some function they want.  So why did they buy it in the 1st place?  

Dave Gilbert76
Advocate
Registered since

Aug 14, 2017

Hi all,

Im going to breeze past some of the comments here today and echo the sentiment of everyone who is collaborating in getting our systems hitting the sweet spot again! 

i know now we are all eager to see some actual new code from Bose soon and I have to report it's gone quiet from Bose after gaining my agreement to be an acoustic guinea pig. I have sent an email to the mods asking for a timeframe on taking of measurements in people's homes, so I will update on that as soon as the mods come forward. 

@Brent_B, Brent your weekly update is due, so before you click send at 5:59pm Friday just before you are out the Door, this is your opportunity to review your post & give us some more information as to where the team are up to in terms of coding? In terms of a graphic EQ for the app? In terms of an adjustable slider for the Bass level? What level of complexity is involved in coding this? What is wrong with calibration? Or what went wrong more to the point as it was working fine before 15.xxx 

Thanks All, 

Dave. 

FCB_25
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 1, 2017

If you have a look at the Lifestyle 650 System on the Bose Website, in the FAQ it is said:

Is it possible to adjust bass and treble?

(...)The bass, treble, center and surround levels can be adjusted through the universal remote control.

So in the Lifestyle Home Entertainment System it is possible to adjust bass, treble etc. Maybe this is a function exclusive for the Lifestyle Systems.
PatR171
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 10, 2017

Hi

About the EQ with Bass slider I can tell you that this isn't a priority with Bose because of their philosophy to bring great music with minimal settings as it was intended to by DR. Bose but thats why I made a new topic> https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/What-options-do-we-want-in-the-new-v17-app/m-p/711...

Bose will listen to us if they collect "enough requests" for new things WE want but then we have to work together and I ask everyone of you to drop a post in my topic what you want, doesn't mather if there are double posts the more we have the more chance to succeed by collecting all requests in one topic and deliver them to the developers...

Thanks for your support!

Msagman
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 28, 2017

@Brent_B, it would also be helpful to know when the Arc connection issues with Samsung will be solved. My failed with the last update.
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi everyone,

We had an interesting week with a few developments and good progress.  Based on the feedback from our beta testers we’ve found that after updating to our hot fix and then performing a factory default reset, the lower frequency performance is back to what they initially experienced before the 15.x update.  We feel confident that this update will help most of the users that noticed a decrease in low frequencies in the 15.x update.  There are still a few users who aren’t satisfied that the full spectrum of their thunder is back so we will continue to work with them on troubleshooting and may even send an engineer or two to their homes to figure out what’s happening. We intend on getting this right and will continue to keep you posted!

Additionally, after the factory default, some users re-ran ADAPTiQ and liked the change. Others preferred the non-ADAPTiQ sound and performed a factory default again and left the system in that state.  This is perfectly normal and is really based on each individual users preference.  While ADAPTiQ will often make things sound better in a given environment, personal preference is the final arbiter.   

@Msagman - Sorry to hear that ARC isn't working for you. If you haven't done so already please create a new post with information on your TV model number, what you've tried already and we'll do whatever we can to help. 

Thank you 

Jaakke
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2017

Thanks Brent, I appreciate the update.

I would be happy to help with testing the new beta firmware

If there's posibillity please let me know.

Pomps
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 4, 2017

Thanks Brent_B and others for your work here. Much appreciated. One comment concerns me a little though. Please, please, please do not only focus on the very low frequencies. I strongly believe that the more important thing missing is the lower mid range. That is what gives the punch rather than the dull thud that the system is currently producing. Hopefully the beta-testers are onto this.
Thanks again!
Dave Gilbert76
Advocate
Registered since

Aug 14, 2017

@Pomps

I have been keen to point out in my testing that yes the low end rumble is there but the presence (the kick & punch) & overall balance of sound is missing from the update- this translates to hearing the mid & treble coming from the ST300 but not backed up & strengthened by the slightly lower frequencies being output by the AM300 to capture diologue in the way it did previously. For me this is also is evident when switching the AM300 off & on within the app as on my system there is not a great deal of difference between AM300 on & off.

If I'm honest I currently have mixed feelings--- as on the one hand I feel that if Bose push ahead and turn Beta 16 into a release then some the users here will feel we have let them down and the AM300 still lacks power! Or on the other hand for some reason my system is behaving differently than other testers, and I question should I be looking to replace my Bass Module. I suspect not on the latter as there is very little evidence to suggest my AM300 stopped working at the very same time Bose released firmware 15.xxx..... I still hang on to knowing what it sounded like before and hopefully when an engineer finally turns up, I can run through my iTunes library & Spotify and pull out all the content I need to show why it sounds good... but is not yet quite back to "wow that system really kicks ass" feeling!! 

santhosam72
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 17, 2017

@Brent_B

Now, do we have any planned date for official fix for this issue. Hope you have already found Root cause for this issue and fix as well.

I believe, we can;t do beta testing for long time. You have already plan for Priority fix plan. Hope you can share high light on that front.

Thank you.