Highlighted
magic100
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

Re: Acoustimass 300, SoundTouch 300, and reports of low bass

I can now confirm as others have done so based on version 16 beta testing for several days, the following:

POSITIVE FEEDBACK; LOW BASE THUNDER/RUMBLE IS BACK.

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK; LACKS BASE PUNCH/KICK. 

Highlighted
Dave Gilbert76
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Aug 14, 2017

@magic100

Thanks for sharing I feel more reassured that my Bass Module is working but only providing a glimpse of previous power output at maximum ST300 Bass setting. 

Again just to clarify (I may have had a few suds last night 🙂  I have let the Bose Dev team know that at anything less than maximum setting (4 and below) the Bass Module  gets harder to distinguish between the  Bass coming from the ST300.... only the lowest frequencies generate a rumble more powerful than 15.xxx but not room filling & thunderous enough for me to consider it fit for release to all customers. 

The mods are still chasing a date for the boffins to come do their analysis but to be honest I'm comfortable my tests are complete & my ears are picking up that less than 80% of the potential acoustic range is being output by the Bass Module. 

Thanks. 

Dave. 

Highlighted
magic100
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

Hi Dave,

thank you for the feedback.

Bose Community Mod asked me if I am happy for Bose Engineers to come over and evaluate my Bose System, which I have agreed to.

If they do come over I shall arrange for Tea or Coffee as well as Chocolate Biscuits.

Maybe even some cake.

Not to put pressure on you to do the same or compete with such servings - joke. 

Dave Gilbert76
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Aug 14, 2017

Haha. My intention was to hold the engineers hostage in my dungeon until i had agreement that all our community demands would be met in full!

But tea & cakes is probably the kinder option 🙂
Highlighted
Mikek
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 29, 2017

Can any1 with latest beta firmware confirm if auto shutdown when there is no sound was finally disabled?

Highlighted
PatR171
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 10, 2017

@MikeK wrote:

Can any1 with latest beta firmware confirm if auto shutdown when there is no sound was finally disabled?

Yes, this is also officially confirmed by the mods..

Highlighted
DavidSJ
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Aug 31, 2017

Hi,

I want to add my voice here, so that I can follow this thread. 

I have a LifeStyle 650 system with the Acoustimass bass module. When I listen to music, I hardly get any bass. Some songs have a good bass to them, if I have the bass setting turned up to 10 (the max), but most songs do not have any bass. Especially, when compared to my other Bose speakers (SoundTouch 30). I have tried the towel trick and even used cushions to try and get the bass turned up, when using the Adaptiq, but nothing works.

I don't think there is a fault with the actual module. I do think, after reading this thread, that the problem lays with the software. I do think, based on cost, that the Lifestyle 650 should play bass at a better quality than a SoundTouch 30. 

I hope this can be fixed in the next update, as alluded to in this thread. 

Highlighted
Jcm800
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 27, 2017

What's the latest with the update then folks?
Highlighted
Fasciana
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

Dave, thx so far!

I've watched the thread as the issue started.

So what should I say, I, of cause, have the same problem.

As a quick fix I returned to factory reset, but this sound, as mentioned a lot of times, is bad and not comparable to the sound before the update.

So that's why I'm absolutely with Dave when he says, that if the sound isn't as full and dynamic as before the update, than it is unacceptable because it sounded beautiful before and on the other we had paid a lot of our hart earned money.

Further on I exactly know what Dave means! I imagine the sound of Daves beta firmware as mixture of the sound from before the update and the sound from after the update when only did the factory reset. So it's better but not perfect because the dynamic range and full beat is missing.

is this what you meant with your post? If so I a 100% with you when you say that there needs still work to be done!

I realy loved the sound from before the update. It was clear, had deep and wide beat and it was blazing hart and full. Now with the fix it feels smaller not clear and not as wide and full as before. And when I imagine that the sound of the beta firmware is still comparable with it, I'm really disappointed, cause I want my blazing sound back 🙂

@Brent_B
If bose needs more beta testing I would like to join the testing!

Cheers
Highlighted
Dave Gilbert76
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Aug 14, 2017

@Fasciana

Thanks for your kind words. I think everyone on this thread has made a great contributrion and are waiting for Bose to hit the AM300 sweetspot that we know and loved prior to 15.XXX

Having lived with this Beta update for a few more weeks, I would say that there is a final tweak left before I would consider the AM300 performing to my satisfaction. If i'm reading between the lines into a recent email from Bose confirming the engineers visits are slated for the end of September, then I think (it is only a theory so please dont take this as gospel!!), that in the meantime Bose will release the version of code we have been testing, and then do some further analysis with a smaller group of Customers to see what changes can be made in the next release and beyond.

I kind of see the point as i think the majority of customers would accept something nowm beyond a factory reset on 15.XX that will give them enough confidence in the system so that they can enjoy movies, games, & other content without constantly analysing if the balance, EQ, bass etc is at it should be.

I've said it before but I believe Beta 16 will restore the confidence of most its just that to get anywhere near the levels of Bass on the previous setting of around 3 or 4 (pre 15.XX) then you have to have the AM300 Bass on full setting on the ST300 now. It does get close to thunder and some might say we are there now with Beta, but I just feel & hear it needs another tweak so that setting 4 & 5 really have the room jumping...

Thanks,

Dave.