Why was my last post removed?!
Highlighted
Dave Gilbert76
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Aug 14, 2017

Re: Acoustimass 300, SoundTouch 300, and reports of low bass

Hello @Shreyas1983

Yes i did the factory reset on Beta, and to be fair that is when i did start to notice the improvement . For a while i avoided the calibration but the whole point of testing was to use calibration also, and i did personally find adapt IQ balanced my system. I have left the calibration on as i think it sounds better for me. I am only now concerned to squeeze a bit more thunder out of the AM300 by have another notch on the Bass setting available.
Highlighted
magic100
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

My understanding is that Calibration may not in theory always improve sound, because it depends on room Acoustics, relative hearing position and other objects at various proximity.

In my scenario it is odd as there is a large furniture item 10 inches to the right of my ST300, but left side is open space right to the wall. In the past i found the audio to be out of left/right balance after sometimes running AdapIQ.

Anyway the Bose Engineers are welcome to run it if they visit me, but Bose did inform me that there is no need to run it when i got the version 16 firmware. It will allow them to hear it without Calibration and Post Calibration for a comprehensive test. And they can run the Calibration in the way they prefer. 

Highlighted
PatR171
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 10, 2017

Hi all

I can confirm that with all the testing we did with Beta v16,  We have reached the levels of v14 pretty much and very acceptable with all the Bass settings without calibration.

What Magic100 says is true the calibration obviously changes the settings specific for your room invented by Bose some like it and some don't. In my opinion if you like your sound out of the box (which is very good) with a fresh update just leave it that way. You don't always have to calibrate.

But I'm very interested when they have visited Dave and the outcome of their testing..

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hey Fasciana, 

This got caught in our spam filter. I'm adding it to the thread for you. Sorry about that.

Thanks

Highlighted
dennist3
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

is the firmware update out? where do we get it and how do we install it?

Highlighted
Ferrous
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 19, 2017

Hi there, I have only recently purchased the Sound Touch 300 and Acoustimass 300 and have the current version 15 firmware. Even though I am very happy with the performance I do need to have the bass at maximum to achieve a sound I like. I have been following all the posts to do with the problem and the impending fix. Should I wait until the new firmware is released or do a factory reset now with no calibration.

Thanks.

Highlighted
mozzzee
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

Just purchased mine today,sounds good out of the box,but after the configuration it was quite lacklustre.

Put it back to factory defaults for now,anxiously waiting for the version 16 release

Highlighted
santhosam72
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 17, 2017

Hi,

Bad luck, not sure when Release 16 will be available 😞

We are all waiting for Bose Planned date... 🙂

mozzzee
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

Spoke to bose this morning before I picked it up,told them my concerns and he assured me the updates not far away.