Highlighted
santhosam72
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 17, 2017

Re: Acoustimass 300, SoundTouch 300, and reports of low bass

Hi,

Thank you for the update. But my bad, every day morning wake up and checking the Soundtouch App if any software upgrade released or not by Bose.

I don't think so, i will not get releaxed unless until this issue fixed. No problem we are waiting for fix.

Highlighted
henquepenke
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 1, 2017

I have received info from customer care that the update will start to be released tomorrow for a number of customers, and the next wave will get the update on Tuesday.

However, I’m not holding my breath...
mozzzee
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

Have you reset back to factory defaults?,because if you have and your not happy,I'm wondering what I'm missing.

Highlighted
MykelNeiD
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

hoping for a confirmation from one of the mods that the roll out is right around the corner.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi MykelNeiD, 

That's a great question. I do know the update is coming out soon. Let me see if I can get further confirmation on a specific date. 

Thank you 

Highlighted
slicksurf
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Aug 31, 2017

Isnt it possible for the beta testers to install v14 and then v16 to do a back to back comparison? I love the sound of my setup as it is right now (v14), and would love it if the beta testers could do a back to back comparison and confirm if its the same, better or worse.

Highlighted
Dave Gilbert76
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Aug 14, 2017

@slicksurf

i guess the answer to that depends on the listener. For me a track that really stood out is Karen Silver "set me free' this track absolutely pumps on v14.... & on v16 well it's good (it is Bose after all) but it just doesn't have the same pump/kick/ something extra that 14.xx 

this is will be one of the tracks I'll play if I'm given the chance, when the engineers come round in a couple of weeks testing both 14 & 16 ... and then Bose can analyse the dynamics and hopefully compare the two spectrums... let's hope so anyway. 

Highlighted
vandrew
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 8, 2015

At last the update is coming. All I can hope it doesn't causes more issues and been fully tested. 

Highlighted
Sundar
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 10, 2017

Looks it is going to be updated for 500K user in stage 1 on sep 21 https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/SoundTouch-Ecosystem-Update-Available-September-21...

Highlighted
MykelNeiD
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

Shoutout and huge thanks to the Bose team for all the effort put into this matter and future research. Hopefully the 16.x software will not result in a similar situation as we had it this time.
Keep listening to the community needs and issues to get the bose gear to what it deserves to be and have ppl feel that it was worth putting so much money on the line ans have the best possible experience.

Also i understand that it could be hard sometimes to reproduce errors and flaws but in terms of communications i think this forum shows how much proper communications to the community is being appreciated. But try to not have ppl escalate stuff on their private channels to certain bose staff before things get put hands on.

Hope my words are comprehensive as i am a Kraut xD