Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DARK KATACLYSM
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 21, 2017

Re: Acoustimass 300, SoundTouch 300, and reports of low bass

Already did all that 30 minutes ago. To me just my personal opinion the base still sounds like cr@p. There is no thump or rumbles like version 14.
DARK KATACLYSM
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 21, 2017

I prob need 2 modules just to get it to sound like version 14. Everything else seems to be working fine except base isnt like it was.
vandrew
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 8, 2015

@DARK KATACLYSM wrote:
Already did all that 30 minutes ago. To me just my personal opinion the base still sounds like cr@p. There is no thump or rumbles like version 14.

This I agree.

lena
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 7, 2017

Sounds like what i feared. I am very happy with v15 and o...

Sounds like what i feared. I am very happy with v15 and offered to test v16 as well as there were only Beta testers which had problems with v15.

I had no luck today but i am really afraid of september 26th.

Jcm800
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 27, 2017

Re: Sounds like what i feared. I am very happy with v15 and o...

Oh dear, I'm quite happy with v15 non calibrated. Hope I'm not going to screw it up with this new update?! 😨
itsgauravkumar
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

I do agree. If results are not 'as expected' and issue stands as is then there is no point of opening a new thread. 

I am bit surprised if there were no positive feedbacks from most of the beta testers then why this half cooked firmware was served? Are we not learning from past experiences or Bose has given up?

vandrew
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 8, 2015

This does prove a point, we have different standards of the sound and bass output. Just like we all have different taste in music. It is impossible any fw can statisfy everyone even with calibration. So why not research the possibility of having a custom equaliser that we can use? Can that be in fw 17? 🙂 

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Chris82, 

I'm going to move your last post to a new thread, subscribe you to it, and walk through a few specifics to see what's happening. 

Thanks

Chris82
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 4, 2017

Thanks Brent!
Fasciana
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

@itsgauravkumar

To make something clear!

Beta testers said, that there was a big improvment in the beta compared to 15.xxx

Also it didn't reaches the Sound like it was before in 14.xxx.

The users who didn't even know the Sound from before the update, in my eyes, should'nt write such things.

I'm owning a soundtouch 300 plus acm plus the invisible speakers since the system was out, and believe me when I say, that I really can judge the Sound of the soundtouch 300 system!

And 15.xxx was crap! Believe me when I say 16.xxx is almost there were the sound of 14.xxx was! There is big improvement from 15.xxx to 16.xxx!

Cause I was one of the lucky ones that got the update today. And I am pretty happy so far (could just test for a few minutes, but in this short period of time I was positively surprised!). And believe me when I say that even the users of 15.xxx who do not know the sound of 14.xxx will recognize the improvement!

And to put it straight I didn't even make a factory reset after the update and the sound was so much better!

To sum it up!
Big sound improvements, but maybe still a little space to fine tune the sound 😉

But much much better than it was in 15.xxx,cause thunder is back even on middle/standard base volume.