Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris82
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 4, 2017

Re: Acoustimass 300, SoundTouch 300, and reports of low bass

@Fasciana

it is really great that this version is working fine for you but I also own the full system since January and I also had v14 which was really good. So I can only say that this v16 is absolutely NOT working for me. Low frequencies are totally missing.
DARK KATACLYSM
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 21, 2017

My base sounds nothing like v14... there is not thumping, thunder, boom, pop, rumble or parkinsons like v14 had. V16 is an improvement however there could be more room for some base. I have done did everything from factory reset to updates. They just need to add a little more base to the settings. It is what it is. Why pay this much for something if your not getting what you paid for. Im happy to tell them the truth so they can adjust things how they should be. If you like yours so much like it is then get off the thread and get into the sheeple line.
itsgauravkumar
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

@Fasciana

Dear friend, this fix was not to deliver better than v15, it was meant to restore the bass levels what we had in v 14. Anything less is compromise. I have been following this post since inception and most of the beta testers mentioned they are still missing the punch of v14. 

DARK KATACLYSM
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 21, 2017

So true. I remember when my base module had more kick than bruce lee. I do agree it is alot better than v15 but v16’s base isnt quite there just yet. Needs some tweekes
Fasciana
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

@dark and

I'm so sorry to hear that! As I mentioned it in my post I have just short testet the sound, and in that moment it seemed to be pretty acceptable to me. So when I have got more time, I will do an extended test. And let you know my results!

@dark katalysm
I'm totally with you, we paid a lot and I, myself, want the same blazing and full bass back again. And if extended testing can't keep up with the impressions I will report that back. Because as you said it, a honest report is important to get the perfect sound from 14.xxx back.

So please don't be so personal, I was just so happy that finally a hearable and feelable bass came out of my speakers again. And as I mentioned in my previous post, there is space for fine tuning!
lena
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 7, 2017

Ok guys, anyone here living around Dresden, Germany?

If so, you are invited to our home. Our ST300 is running in v15 and we do know v14 as well. Come over, listen and tell me there is no bass or v14 was better. I can tell you that in our case v15 really kicks your ass. On BD movies or files with DTS we use mid setting for bass levels and our AM300 is not even standing in a corner. Only on stereo content (music) we increase bass to 4 of 5.

You really are invited to come over, there is NO lack of bass in v15! v15 gave us even more thunder then v14, and we are really afraid of v16 now.
DARK KATACLYSM
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 21, 2017

I have a soundtouch 300 and the base in v16 is no where near what v14 was like.
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi DARK KATACLYSM,

It could be similar to what Dave Gilbert76 and Animal are reporting. They have said that bass is much better with 16.x vs 15.x but could benefit from some additional tweaking.   We will be sending engineers to a few beta tester's locations to take measurements to help with this.

Thank you 

Fasciana
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

So I've to admit, that I have been to curious about the update and the more base!

But threw in some blu-rays to check the sound in movies and music!

And I have to say, that for example in saving privat Ryan the sound isn't much better than in 15.xxx.

To be honest it's still bad. I had to fully raise the base level but it really couldn't touch 14.xxx.

I'm sorry to say that but the low frequency are still missing more else the sound even now feels washing and faiding in low and high frequency, means it's no more clear and excellent than it was before.

I dare to say, that the sound got even worse than in 15.xxx.

To sum it up.
Noticeable more base but worse overall experience. And the base even on maxed out is not even so strong than it was on middle level in 14.xxx!

I really don't understand why it is too hard to get the sound presets back from 14.xxx!?! It ain't magic, is it?!?! Cause somehow it seems to me that it is for bose!

@dark and itsgarukamur
Your **bleep** right!!

I'm really pissed on myself, should have done more testing before writing that everything is much better! Cause it ain't much better, just a bit more base but therefore it lost a lot of the overall listening experience.

Please bose, why is it so hard to get this sound back I really can't understand that!
Lee Howarth
Participant
Registered since

Aug 9, 2017

Did you rerun AdaptIQ?

As the bass problems in 15 only appeared after running AdaptIQ, I am wondering if you have to rerun AdaptIQ with 16.