Fasciana
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

Re: Acoustimass 300, SoundTouch 300, and reports of low bass

@Lee Howarth

I did factory reset, tested it, and than adativiq, tested again, sound didn't changed noticeable!

No matter if you ran adativ or not, there is not more oder less base!
DARK KATACLYSM
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 21, 2017

Thank you for your reply, time, and concern. Yes i do believe thats what it is. Over all it sounds better to me but the base isnt quiet there yet. Seem to me that the base needs some tweeking. Overall it is an excellent system. Just needs the bugs worked out. Its still better than sonos and klipsch hands down. I am confident this will be resolved and bose supporters will be happy again listening to their favorite justin bieber songs.
Jcm800
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 27, 2017

I've just updated. Doesn't sound any better than v15 to me. But also no worse.

Still have to put my bass up to the max setting to get it sounding ok.

V14 I only needed it on the third setting. Still isn't as good as it should be imo....
DARK KATACLYSM
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 21, 2017

I agree. The base doesnt sound much better. The base in v14 was awesome. Just let me download v14. turn off the auto shutoff feature, and erase the app so i get no more updates. To be honest if i cant have base like v14 had i don't even want the system...

Hi Jcm800, 

If you haven't already, give the system a factory default, re-pair the AM300, and see if that brings back the low frequencies for you. 

Thanks 

Jcm800
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 27, 2017

Thanks I'll try that next, but it's getting late now Zzzz
Highlighted
Pomps
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 4, 2017

My 2 cents worth is that this version is definitely a step up from v15. Much more going on in the lower-middle register. Have left the bass setting where it was with v15 (2 below max) since it's not any "louder" just more presence. I guess a lot depends on individual rooms and tastes. Have tried both with and without AdaptIQ and I find with calibration is a little 'cleaner' but that can also have the effect of making it seem like a bit of the punch has gone since for me a bit of 'muddiness' helps with lower end. But there's really not much in it for my setup. Agree there's still room for a bit more fine tuning but that could be so easily resolved by giving us an adjustable EQ - please push that for a future update as I believe it will stop all this complaining. Overall I'm much happier now and can patiently look forward to further improvements from a very good foundation.
henquepenke
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 1, 2017

My 2 cents regarding the update:

* Big improvement overall. 

* Adaptip now works as intended (Yay, really important lf you have the whole setup (ST300, AM300 and VI300). Makes big difference when watching movies. 

There is still room for improvements, but this is a big step forward. 

Webarcher
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 9, 2017

@henquepenke wrote:

My 2 cents regarding the update:

* Big improvement overall. 

* Adaptip now works as intended (Yay, really important lf you have the whole setup (ST300, AM300 and VI300). Makes big difference when watching movies. 

There is still room for improvements, but this is a big step forward. 

Yes, if you've got the whole setup (ST300, AM300 and VI300), then there is a huge improvement! Very happy with this update.

Dave Gilbert76
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Aug 14, 2017

Morning all,

Wanted to give you all a chance to hear for yourself firmware 16.xxx before I added my 2 pence to the conversation. Those waiting for the second tranche to be pushed to your App, do not fear firmware 16.xxx, yes if you are on 14.xx and have not taken 15.xxx then for most of you, you are going to experience what the ST Community has experienced in the loss of performance, rumble, thunder, whatever you wish to describe it as......

A good example of this loss of performance is to watch & listen to something like herd of stampeding wilderbeast, or one of those David Attenborough nature programs in HD, where the herd is on the move, and boy does this really highlight the differences between AM300 14, AM300 15, AM300 16... But you know AM300 14 is gone for now, and the world you are living in is AM300 16. The ST300 set up can be done with or without calibaration, with or without a factory reset, and pairing of your VI's & AM... I found a factory reset & calibration worked best for me... but the bass on ST300 is set to maximum...

The bottom line is the sound being delivered now is better than 15. in my experience, but it is being done without the AM300 Jerking, rocking, shaking and creating the thunder that brought me to the ST franchise in the first place. The talk of having to set up 2 AM300's is interesting, but it should not simply be a replacement for the loss of performance from running a single unit.

In my experience my room is 5m X 5m = 25 SQm. And no matter where I place the AM300 currently it is not generating enough BASS on the maximum setting, it is nearly there, i can occassionally briefly hear the levels i want (I watched Alien Covenant last night) but I still want to turn/slide up the Bass on the setting, even just a notch or two but there is nowhere to go currently.

Anyway you will be please to know that I have cleared my Diary on 5th October, packed my Wife off on a Business trip(who is completely underwhelmed by my constant bemoaning of my poor Bose System). As Bose have informed me they will be over with their Boffins and chin scratchers, and they will be playing my system very loud 🙂

I will keep you all posted, but for me I can say Firmware 16 is enough for me to enjoy the content I am listening to or watching, bu in truth... I need A full on Category 5 storm, coming out of my AM300, full on evacuation of people & animals... lol 🙂

Chat soon.

Dave.