Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dennist3
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Re: Acoustimass 300, SoundTouch 300, and reports of low bass

...and im just sitting here with V15.xxx from the factory and didnt get in the first update...  like wow i wish i could join in but now i guess im waiting till i get my update

Fasciana
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

@Siemen12

That's what I have been asking for a few times now but @bose doesn't respond!

By the way I'm absolutely with you! Ask myself the same thing!!!

And I just don't understand it!!!

I can't see the difficulties, too!

Maybe it's a technical reason, e.g. bose recognizes, that if the bass stays on that level, the speakers gonna die earlier than they should!

That's what I'm gonna think!
lena
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 7, 2017

Well, if you think of that Amar Bose (founder of Bose) was assured that measurement procedures are not as relevant as the perception of the listener is, it is really interessting that AdaptIQ is the only adjustment "possiblity" we have and there is no EQ on SoundTouch systems.

Hopefully there will be an EQ sometimes, but i guess the demarcation to the LifeStyle systems wont be given then (which costs a lot more then ST300 + adds).

Jcm800
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 27, 2017

I think this is as good as it gets. Beats me as to why Bose have removed the thunder, but they know they have, and have apparently tried to bring it back. But it's not there...
jaybo41
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

@lena you can change your notification preferences by clicking on your avatar>Subscriptions & Notifications>Notification Settings and change them to a daily digest.  I too was frustrated by the amount of emails I was getting from the forum.  Now I get one daily digest, it's great!

selim
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 22, 2017

It seems like sound quality and bass lvl issues are pretty much resolved for me. I have discovered that my TV's (Samsung 55mu8500) external output settings were changed somehow. I am not sure if the firmware update had anything to do with it, but I just want to put it out there. It used to be Bitstream and DTS Neo and it was changed to PCM. Boy, what a huge difference there is. When I adjusted back to Bitstream and DTS Neo, dynamic range, bass levels and thunder all came back. I would say it sounds very similar to v14 now. I suggest to take a quick look to make sure something silly like this is not messing with the bass lvls and sound.

itsgauravkumar
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

PCM is uncompressed audio and technically it should sound better. Whichever suits your ears is the best. Glad you got your experience back. I would be curious to know how it sounds when you play something through bluetooth connection.

selim
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 22, 2017

Hi @itsgauravkumar, I heard that PCM is uncompressed and should sound better, but it's definetely not the case for me. Maybe the number of channels play a role here as PCM is streo and DTS Neo is 5.2? DTS Neo sounds full, rich, crisp and has awesome dynamic range whereas PCM sounds weak.

I just played a few songs through bluetooth, although the base is not as crisp and thunderous like hdmi, it's not bad overall.  I wonder if the sounds is still going through TV when connected through bluetooth. Normally I never play anything through bluetooth, I think it defeats the purpose of this great system.

Fasciana
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

Same to me! @Jcm800

@all
I've got thoughts to share with you.

I don't know if some of you have already recognized it. But for me it seems, that users which are early buyers of the soundtouch 300 full system (bass + vs) seem to still have the bass issues. And on the other hand there, let's call them late buyers, which seems not to have the issues anymore after the update to 16.xxx moreover some didn't even had problems with 15.xxx.

Thus my conclusion is, that bose might changed the hardware a little bit and that's why they are not able to get the bass for the early buyers back! That might be the reason why it's so hard for bose to bring us back the thunder!

But only bose can give us answers on that. But if my guessings are right, than my beloved bose , you will have to change our hardware so that we early buyers have the same listening experience again because WE PAID A LOT OF MONEY!
DARK KATACLYSM
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 21, 2017

Uhhhhhhh i bought mine 3 months ago and have bass issues. But could of been sitting on the shelf for a long time also.