Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vandrew
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 8, 2015

Re: Acoustimass 300, SoundTouch 300, and reports of low bass

Good point but i doubt they will do anything about it. Been on going for 15 and 16, the bass is no where near the levels we had in 14. Yet they can't do anything about it. 

Jcm800
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 27, 2017

I've given up hope. It's OK as it is. Just ok. Bose don't seem to know what they're doing. I still have to max it out to get half decent bass.
PatR171
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 10, 2017

Hi all

We are not done yet, There are serious +/- 4 hours of housevisits planned in a couple of days at some members to measure and comparing things what's exactly happening between v14 & v16 I sended the engineers all I had to compare the differences between the two versions. We think it's simple but it turns out not to be simple and I know Bose is not happy with this either.

The story of reducing the AM300 because of possibly early damage is not true. I am convinced that it's gonna be alright but I know It's gonna take more time and patience.

DARK KATACLYSM
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 21, 2017

Where do i get the version 14 file at??? How do i downgrade it manually?
Fasciana
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

@DARK KATACLYSM
You will find everything important here:
https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/Downgrading-to-best-version-14-0-33-Working/td-p/5...

You will have to pm for the files. I got the link too, but I don't know if it's okay for @PatR171 if I would pass them on.

So pm @PatR171 him and read the thread and you will easily be able to downgrade 😉

By the way @all I gonna downgrade, I think, during the upcoming weekend and report back when I have done it about the results concerning the listening experience and especially the base!

Cheers
Fasciana
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

I'm absolutely with PatR171 when he says we aren't done yet!

But bose should really get a move on it because it took already a long, long time to fix the issues but instead of making it better they making it worse!

We really paid a lot of money and @bose your are not little noname, your are a big player a name that represents sound and listening experience at very high quality level. So get your **bleep**ing ass on this and find a solution that fits all of us without any further excuses! Cause I think we really gave you very much time to solve that but I'm really loosing my patients about all that what happened!
dilraghu
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 21, 2017

@bose and @Brent_B Seeing that no-one has really liked 15xx or 16xx and everybody goes gaga over 14xx, can you let us know what difficulties you face in rolling out (back)14.0.33 as your next update as a temporary fix? It might be to avoid ending up with the bugs of the 14.0.33 version but I've hardly seen anyone here in the forum being unhappy about that particular version. I am really interested to know if the reasons are something different altogether.  

I can share the link to download the 14.0.33 version to anyone who needs it. PM me.

dennist3
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

ok so if my system came with v15.xx installed is it possable to go back to 14?

lena
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 7, 2017

"We are not done yet".

Really? For those having issues with v15 two months of waiting for a fix is still not enough? A release, which was tested by some forum members is put on hold but v15 was pushed and pushed allthough the bass problem was known? The fix of the fix is now taking two more months? 

There is no need of house visitings with "engineers". Bring EQ settings and everyone can adjust the sound quality to their needs. Period. Ever thought of that different languages sound different? So there will never be default setting by Bose that suits everyone's needs. Is that really that hard to understand? There is and there was no bass problem with v15 or other firmwares. The lack of settings is. And the overall performance of the system.  At least when you remember the price you paid.

BTW: I am still waiting for an "WE ARE SORRY" email of Bose. Every app user had to register an account, so they should have our emails. But hey, you have to enter the community to see what the heck is going on.

FCB_25
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 1, 2017

Just give us the option to OFFICIALLY download older versions on the soundtouch website. I cannot imagine everyone in Bose deleted that software on their computers...