Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 4, 2017

Re: Acoustimass 300, SoundTouch 300, and reports of low bass

It is so easy to downgrade or update, you can do this every 10 minutes and compare the sound. It is only one limitation - if you downgrade to v.14.xx.xx you not be able to full start the app, in that case you will be automaticly updated to v.15.

All you need is file - Update.stu v.14 (size 78,7 mb) and a female USB A to male micro USB A adapter.

Copy the file onto a USB drive

• Insert the USB drive into Setup port on the back of the soundbar.
  • Unplug the power cord from your system. System must be On at that moment.
  • Press and release the SoundTouch button on the SoundTouch 300 remote.
  • Press and hold CC button on the remote while you apply power cord into the soundbar.(Keep pressing until the first Wi-Fi LED begin blink white, it takes about 6-7 seconds.
  • After the lights stop blinking, wait about 10 minutes for the update to fully complete.

Note, that if you perform downgrade or update whithout factory reset before, your adaptiq settings will be copied from prewious calibration.

If you not satisfied, you can simply run App and update to v.15 or download Update.stu v.15 from: 

http://downloads.bose.com/ced/soundtouch/mr2_2017-c7dabc12/stu/g/sm2/Update.stu

or download Update.stu v.16 from:

*Moderator's note - this URL has been removed since the update is on hold.*

and repeat steps with flash drive.

Good luck! (sorry for english, if something wrong)

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 7, 2017

Hey Petrovich,

thank you for sharing the v16 link with us 🙂

Just upgraded using HTML method, i did not know that the link was available. So even when the release is on hold, your link worked fine. For me there is now too much bass in v16, i had to turn it down to 2 (out of 5). Connectivity indicator on ST300 does not show anything when starting but you can hear the AM300 very clear.

Update took a while and first time since i own the ST300 also the AM300 was blinking too. Overall sound quality is ok, not a very big difference to v15 except too much bass 😛

Still would prefer EQ and balance settings as i still face the "left channel louder" problem mentioned in other threads here.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 28, 2017

Just updated my software to 16.0.12. Had issues with low bass frequencies and found this forum helpful. Thank you. The bass on this update is amazing! And the sound is crisper for sure . Thumbs up from me 🙂
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 1, 2017

Any news on how long the update will be on hold?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 28, 2017

anyone can send me the link for v16 at cycheang@msn.com

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 25, 2017

@cycheang

I think @bose has removed the link due to some complaints and also the update is on hold until new notice.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 4, 2017

@cycheang

see mail

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 6, 2017

Hi Petovich,

can you send me the v16 too ? I'm sick of waiting....

thanks

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 1, 2017

Hi,

My SoundTouch 300 is exactly the same. But im pretty sure i know why.

I presume its that when you power the system off at the wall the connection with the bass and rear speakers is broken so when you power the bar on again it has to re-pair to the 2 items. 

When powering the system off and on with the remote the system goes into standby and for a period of time i presume stays connected to the bass and rear speakers for a short period of time and then eventually they go to sleep. So if you turn on and off the bar relatively quickly within a few seconds or minutes of turning it off then it is likely that these are still connected, but coming back to it the day after, they disconnect and go into standby mode thenselves.

Hope this makes sense.

Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 28, 2017

Hi, my app v. 15.120.23 asks for the update, though the link is the old version and not all 16. Why ?. thank you
I'm Italian country.