Sep 26, 2017
So, I got the full SoundTouch 300 package a week ago - subwoofer and surround speakers. I'm still on 15x. I was pretty unhappy with the sound overall and the low bass. Last night, I tried wrapping a towel around the Acoustimass 300 and ran AdaptIQ again. It worked really well. I ticked the bass up one notch from default, and overall I got really well-balanced sound out of the whole system. I'm not looking for rave-level bass. I'm too old for that. What I have now is good, deep, resonant sound. It's not a conspicuous "thunder", but the rumble really enhances the overall sound experience. I watched Spiderman: Homecoming last night and was amazed how much better it all sounded. Something to try if you're not into manually downgrading or upgrading. Good luck!
Sep 28, 2017
@cycheang 100% work direct from usb drive
Use a female USB A to male micro USB A adapter.
Copy the file Update.stu onto a USB drive
- Insert the USB drive into Setup port on the back of the soundbar.
- Unplug the power cord from your system. System must be On at that moment.
- Press and release the SoundTouch button on the SoundTouch 300 remote.
- Press and hold CC button on the remote while you apply power cord into the soundbar.(Keep pressing until the first Wi-Fi LED begin blink white, it takes about 6-7 seconds.
- After the lights stop blinking, wait about 10 minutes for the update to fully complete.
Press and hold CC button on the remote while you apply power cord into the soundbar.(Keep pressing until the first Wi-Fi LED begin blink
Outcome: Wifi LED turn to White for around 3 blinks, then wifi and sound touch led blinking in amber at the same time then after few minutes, all light is gone.
Dec 23, 2016
@Shedbot that's a good suggestion and reminder for those still on 15.x. I actually did that to (it was mentioned many pages ago or possibly in another thread) while I was on 15.x and got the same results you mentioned with pretty much the same use case. I neglected to mention that in my last post. Glad you got an improvement, albeit an odd one it is easy enough to do and far easier than doing resets, downgrades and such.
Jul 10, 2017
Reset to factory settings as per manual.
Then, add VI300 as usual (do not add AM300)
Once done, add AM300. Don't run adaptiq a second time.
Works a treat, sounds amazing.