Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Weshild
Participant
Registered since

Oct 2, 2017

Re: Acoustimass 300, SoundTouch 300, and reports of low bass

I have yet to update from V14. Is it worth it to update to V16? Is the bass comparable?
dougjc2000
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 4, 2017

I'm running V.15 since purchased.  My only comment is that I find dialog is sometimes difficult to understand. It has a muffled quality.  So I find myself cranking up the volume, but thats not really the issue.  

cycheang
Participant
Registered since

Sep 28, 2017

Finally found out what is the problem why my AM300 not able to pair... check at the back of AM300, there is no status light at all even it is already power up... is it already dead or anyone have similar experience?
HGS
Advocate
Advocate
Registered since

Aug 29, 2017

Hey cycheang,

one question:

1) Reset Soundbar means Factory Reset or V16.xx?

Thanks

HGS

cycheang
Participant
Registered since

Sep 28, 2017

reset means, press soundtouch button on remote control then release, press and hold teletext button
Fasciana
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

@all

Yeah I remembered that before you wrote this, thx anyway! Smiley Happy

But my problem is that I never had issues with the auto turn off! I have them since I downgrade back to 14.xxx. Before, almost a year, I never had this issue.

So I have upgraded back to 16.xxx. The issue seems to have gone!

BUT, also I did it like @cycheang wrote it, I got low bass, pretty worse dialogs and very bad surround sound!

It did some another things (like factory reset without adativiq, factory set paring am and bis and adaptive) but it stays at it is!

The sound is just not as it is in 14.xxx. On 14.xxx it's brilliant with good dialouges, wide and rich bass and great surround sound effects!

But on 16.xxx it's not as brilliant, dialouges are hardly to understand and surround sound is hardly there. Overall (bass, dialouges and vis) the sound is just dull and muffled, it's just not as brilliant and vivid and wide!

Sorry but I'm pissed! And I don't want to do @bose work! They messed things up not we! And I'm feed up with experimenting and trying things! Just to turn out that everything above 14.xxx is crap!

Tomorrow I go to my reseller to ask them to get my money back! Because this can't be!

I am so pissed and feel left alone by bose!

No updates no technical answers on questions which are asked here, only the great users which answer here. To be honest without the great and helpful community I would have thrown this piece of **bleep** into the trash pin already!

@ community you are great! Smiley Happy

HGS
Advocate
Advocate
Registered since

Aug 29, 2017

Thanks cycheang,

one additional question: what Version do have before reset and after reset?

santhosam72
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 17, 2017

Hi,

Last saturday, I powered off AM300 and try to reset ST300 using remote control "Soundtouch" button and "Tele Text" button. The system stated blinking all white lights and started blinking "Wireless" and "Soundtouch" lights with Amber for few seconds. Then the ST300 completely gone down with No lights at all.

I am totallly confussed, is it ST300 got resetted or not.

After that i try to run Adoptiq test and started getting Error Code 5. Tried multiple times I am not able to run Adoptiq at all.

Now I don't know what to do?

Thanks,

Animal
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 21, 2017

Doesn’t sound like it was reset. After a reset you should get 2 amber lights which means it’s in set up mode. Which means you open the soundtouch app and add the soundbar on the app again. If I was you I would unplug the bar for a few
Mins. Plug it back in and try the factory reset again. When you get the two amber lights you will know you have done it correctly.
Andrew_O
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 17, 2017

Hi folks,

same by me. Tried both 14.xx and now 16.xx

Will go back to 14.xx, is much more powerful.

Greetz

Andy