Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vandrew
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 8, 2015

Re: Acoustimass 300, SoundTouch 300, and reports of low bass

Play back of Dolby Atmos - Leaf

- Tuned Adaptiq ST300 but not AM300, when the leaf turns, the bass is strong and nice.

- Tuned Adaptiq on both ST/AM300, when the leaf turns, the bass is weak. It is almost the same as not using the AM300.

@MykelNeiD wrote:

@Fasciana

Well - it's tricky to tell what "rumble" actually is for you and how i feel about it.

I definitely did not mean that my walls are shacking when having the AM300 set to 7, but i can notice very clear "punch" and deep base, but it is more settled to not overdo things. I find this way more natural. But this does not seem to meet other requirements/wantings.

Let me put an example up here: with the AM300 not being touched by AdaptiQ i took the testfile of Dolby Atmos - leaf ,you can find it here.

Pay attention to the sound when the leaf is dropping to the floor while turning. Pre adaptiq this passage is totally overdone by the Sub,growly.

After AdaptiQ it is playing precise kicks as it is supposed to ,no growling at all.

Refering to your last sentence - well it is only very muddy and unprecise without having the AM300 meassured by AdaptiQ. With it is totally fine. At least for me.

lena
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 7, 2017

I did some further testings running v16 with the following personal results:

Factory reset settings:

Good bass (set to level 3 out of 5), seems leveled. DTS/AC3 content sounds good, stereo could be better, music is ok at least

AdaptIQ without AM300 attached (have to pair it after AdaptIQ, otherwise AdaptIQ will give errors):

Very heavy bass levels (set to 3 out of 5), this is what people might call 'thunder'. Very good on music, DTS/AC3 bass is too heavy on certain scenes which a lot of rolling bass

AdaptIQ with AM300 attached:

Best overall performance, bass is very leveled (set to level 5 of 5), mids seem a little bit better. DTS/AC3 sound very, very good, music and other stereo content are ok, but "wow" factor is missing. In my case, this still is the best output, as we bought the ST300 with AM300 mainly for watching TV and movies.

BUT: Voices are poor in each of the three given scenarious. To sharp (s-lauts), mids are missing. Left channel to heavy in our room.

MykelNeiD
Mentor
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

@vandrew

Yeah - keep in mind its a leaf and no thunderstorm ^^ . Thats the reason why i prefer it to sound rather natural than overdone. But yeah i am ok with that if it suits your taste 🙂

So probably to get this right for the majority of ppl it would make sense to get an EQ ready for the app.

vandrew
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 8, 2015

@MykelNeiD that is very true. EQ will be the best way to go 🙂

matsuken
Participant
Registered since

Oct 5, 2017

I have a AM 300, where do I change the bass level setting? In my mobile app I have only a slider for center volume and an on/off setting for the bass module.

On the remote there is an bass button but how does this work? Should there be a level indicator showing up on my TV similar to when I change volume?

MykelNeiD
Mentor
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

Refer to the manual. Press the bass button on the remote. Pay attention to the LEDs on your St300 and use the +/- buttons on the bose remote
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi everyone,

I wanted to post another weekly update. Our team is in Europe and the UK this week meeting with a few of our beta testers, analyzing their systems and taking measurements. It was a busy week for them since their intention is to get to as many different environments as possible. The software team is also still working on redeploying 16.x. When we have more info on the update and the learnings from the in-home visits, we will share them.

Thank you

sm30
Participant
Registered since

Jul 18, 2016

@Shreyas1983 or anyone else who knows.

I haven't seen any posts on this, sorry if there has been. Does this low bass issue also affect the Lifestyle 650 and 600 systems?

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi sm30, 

Thanks for the question. We really haven't seen the issue with the 650 or 600. It seems to be solely related to the SoundTouch 300. 

Thank you 

Siemen12
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 28, 2017

I have te Soundtouch 300 with the acoustimass. I really miss the bass.
Still on +4!
I almost tried everything everyone suggested here to get some bass.
But nothing really helps.

The only thing i didn't try is version 14.X
Can anyone tell me where i can download 14.x and how to install it?

Thanks in advance..