Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Acoustimass 300, SoundTouch 300, and reports of low bass

Hi Fasciana, 

Thank you for the update. I will let the software team know. When using optical, how often would the drop outs occur? Would it be every few seconds, or minutes?  

Thank you 

matsuken
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2017

I have been wating for ver 16 now since I bought my ST and AM in late summer. Heard a fantastic demo in Stockholm Bose shop, decided to buy the speakers a couple of weeks later, got the ver 15 on first startup.... so disappointing.

Is there anything one can do to get the update to ver 16?

lena
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 7, 2017

@Fasciana i had the same issues with spontaneous dropouts back in february. My device was changed by Bose, problem was gone.

@matsuken

I can upload v16 to my dropbox and sent you the link if you want. But this is only the ST300 version, the app will not be updated until Bose lets you officially do it.

KTSA5239
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 10, 2017

Sorry guys, I'm just alittle confused right now. 

So I've bought the ST300 with the bass module and the two satalite speakers last week. Im new to the bose systems and I'm not sure how to check what firmware I have at the moment. We havent got wifi yet so the app wouldnt work. Is the 16 firmware offically releaased yet? Could my unit be on the 14 firmware? 

Thanks

aungyethu91
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 10, 2017

@KTSA5239 You can check it from your SoundTouch mobile app. Follow this link.

I am new to the Bose community. I recently purchased SoundTouch 300 and Acoustimass 300. For my case, I am not experiencing any dropouts but I have to say AM300's bass response is pretty weak on 15.0.20. 

pvnnpavan
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jul 26, 2017

Hi All,

Finally my AM 300 is sounding pretty good.

I upgraded to 16.x version from 15.x and resetted the ST300.

Once resetted I only paired IV300 surrond speakers and completed adaptiq.  And paired AM300 as instructed in this thread before. 

My bass now sounds pretty good and now for first time after couple of months I am using low bass setting, I think +2 or +3 out of +5.

There are sometimes having rumbling when watching movies, but its pretty amazing while listening to stereo songs or with 5.1 content.

Fasciana
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

@KTSA5239

Without wifi you won't have chance to check it!

Or you have to setup your speakers with pc than it might work, otherwise not!

Cause the app needs connected speakers and in order to connect speakers with the app wifi is needed! Because the app checks if it can reach the speakers through wifi net! Thus simple thing no wifi no check, no information about your firmware!

But as I said maybe you can to it if you do it with pc and do a setup with network cable! Didn't tried this that's why I can't guarantee that is going to work as intended! 😉
KTSA5239
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 10, 2017

I managed to borrow my neighbour's wifi to check, looks like its still 15.0.31 or something but the app didnt prompt me to upgrade to 16. Is the latest update only for the testers?

Highlighted
Fasciana
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

@KTSA5239

You won't be able get one, because bose rolled the 16.xxx update in two waves. But in wave one occurred some new problems and the old ones even still persisted in certain circumstances! That's why the second wave, unfortunately you belong to it, has been stopped. That's why you won't receive the update, yet!

If you manually want to upgrade send me a private message and I'm sending you everything you need for a menual upgrade to 16.xxx 😉

Or you wait until everything works as intended and bose gives it go again.

Your choice! 🙂
Aphex
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 14, 2017

i also have dropouts, but i have had that all the time, i am using hdmi arc.

it is only very quick drop out, it seems random, somtimes there can be an hour with no dropout, other times more often.