itsgauravkumar
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

Re: Acoustimass 300, SoundTouch 300, and reports of low bass

@Brent_B,

Could you please be more clear with what is going to come and when? From your response, it appears that same v16 is going to get pushed again which Bose stoppped pushing because of some known issues. Are users left with work-arounds which members of this forum discovered? 

Is App pushing version 16 now?

I have very poor experience with how this issue is managed by Bose so far.

QuilpieGuy
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 11, 2017

@Brent_B wrote:

Although this is the case, we also found that in general some users have an appetite for more low frequencies. This is something the team is taking seriously and may drive future iterations. 

And may I ask what about the users, like myself, who do not have this appetite?? 

MykelNeiD
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

@QuilpieGuy

Tbh i dont understand this question. As in this case you should be fine?!

I guess bose will need to figure out a way to satisfy the more and less hungry customers.

Highlighted
lena
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 7, 2017

So that means: All the measurements at customers will not change anything.

Either you are happy with v16 after running AdaptIQ or you are not. If you are not, restore factory defaults. Does this not help either, downgrade to v14.

In summary: We are exactly were we started 2 months ago. Thanks, Bose.
Jbaker
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 1, 2017

Lena, Bose have measured the frequancy response of the ST300 in peoples homes on V14 and V16 and they are both the same, the sound profile for both updates is exactly the same, I don't want to sound rude to people about this but i think its placebo, V15 DID change the sound but the other 2 are identical. I have tested all 3 firmwares extensively.

From my perspective V15 has the most balanced sound. On V14/V16 there is too much Sub-bass relative to the rest of the sound. Turning the bass down loses the mid-bass turning it up makes it too rumbly. 

For me V15 is perfect although because they reigned the rumbly bass down a little bit i think the bass heads arn't happy, personally I feel the solution is for Bose to use V15 as this definately has the most balanced sound but give more options for bass increase in the app maybe +10 or something instead of at the moment it is only +4 bass on the bar itself.

I am frustrated, people that think boomy overblown bass is good have won and Bose have changed the sound back. What they should have done is just give more options for increasing it.

Please Bose give us more control over the bass, maybe a "sub bass" and a "bass" setting in the app if a full equalizer is too much. 

profiler
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 19, 2017

This issue of which firmware version suits the individual is so simple to solve.

Bose, you need to put a service page in the app, to show firmware versions so we can have a choice of which to install.

I for one would go back to 14xxx

lena
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 7, 2017

A really useful „feature“ would be s slider in the app to enable/disable Adaptiq settings. So you can compare which sounds better for you without having to do a factory reset everytime (which really sucks).

This should be very, very easy to do by the Bose dev team.
John71
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 7, 2017

After a few days I finally decided to go back to v. 16 a v. 14. I can say that after several months of frustration that the whole system has resumed to work as it once was. After seeing about 20 dvds without being satisfied, after v. 14 I put "King Arthur" and it was spectacular. The thunder is back, the space of the sub wraps you completely, the floor trembled and seemed to be inside the film. This Bose did not yet understand what we want from this system. Having AM and not using it does not need to buy then.We waited months, from v. 15 a v. 16 you confirmed that there was an AM problem and that you would have fixed it with v. 16. I have been among the first to install v. 16 and I can say that it is not remotely comparable to v. 14. Where is how you fixed the sub? I do not feel it.I have the complete plant since October 2016 and I do not know how many problems have been in 1 year. Remember AM not always joining ST? Then the Amber light that sometimes came out on ST of coupling, although AM is VI work. Then the loss of AM with v. 15, this is because with the new software they wanted to solve a problem with the sound of shoes walking by making strange echoes. We still look forward to v. 16 and AM is not resolved, although the Bose team wrote that our beloved thunder was restored to us or at least that's what we all expected.At this point, if Bose says it's all right, that there were only isolated cases and that most of the problems were resolved, then put out v. 16 without further corrections on AM, dear friends i keep my v. 14 with my app 14.80. And with a lot of bitterness I go on like this, because for me it is the only version that makes me appreciate the whole sistem. It's scandalous how much inefficiency Bose and his team have, it's too long to solve problems, then when you say it takes time, things have to be tested and you want to be sure of what you're doing, well, sorry if you do not I just agree, but until now, after 1 year, I only saw so much confusion and inefficiency that you would not expect from a brand like BOSE.
Petrovich
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 4, 2017

@lena wrote:
A really useful „feature“ would be s slider in the app to enable/disable Adaptiq settings. So you can compare which sounds better for you without having to do a factory reset everytime (which really sucks).

Lena, you right!
It will be useful

And another thing is to allow upper versions of the App work with the old versions of the firmware (without auto update). Even if not all of the modern features will work. 

fhedgspeth
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 15, 2017

New to community, just had some ?s  Just got  the soundtouch 300 about month ago then acoustiass 300 about a week ago... I must say not what i heard in store or at other homes(about a year ago) ... Still I like it, but would really like to get what I though i was paying for.. .Just found out about firmware problem when I called into Bose customer service .. You said poeple have been testing v16 any time frame on its release or best guess .... Also can you add a 2nd AM300(seen two post that contradicted each other )... plus the VIs as rear ..