Highlighted
santhosam72
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 17, 2017

Re: Acoustimass 300, SoundTouch 300, and reports of low bass

Hi Brent,

Thank you for the update. But still I love this system ST300 and AM300. I connected with Airtel Setup Box. Some of channels it gives me Wonderful volume, Beat and Boss. Some channels, it is not. I am using 15.0.20 Firmware.

This is not case when i was using 14.x.x version. Hope you will deliver 16.x.x. version soon.

Highlighted
Ferrous
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 19, 2017

Hello, regardless of the current situation with firmware I love my Bose ST 300 and AM 300. It has always been my dream to own a Bose sound system and have now realised that dream. We purchased the ST 300 to improve our television audio and then the AM 300 to add the extra base for when I listen to my music. At times I need to max the base setting to get the response I prefer but then at times need to set it back to about mid range. It is disappointing to read of those who threaten to return their system and look elsewhere, their loss!

Highlighted
MykelNeiD
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

Don't mean to be rude to anybody ,but can we please keep this thread cleaned of anything that is not about the topic?

This thread is not about ARC stuff etc. Please don't missuse this because you feel like this thread gets more attention than others.

Highlighted
LordK77
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 6, 2017

Any return about AM300 and V16 deployed today ?

mozzzee
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

Just updated to v16 now.

Just curious if i am supposed to run adaptiq again?

I did run it on v15 without the sub plugged in and it did sound better,however i think i now know what people mean about the thunder.

V16 is much better.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi mozzzee, 

Although you don't need to re-run AiQ right now, if you do decide to factory default the system and see if you prefer the increased low frequencies, you will need to re-run AiQ again if you want it engaged. 

Thanks

Highlighted
mozzzee
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

Thanks Brent,can i now leave the sub plugged in while running adaptiq tho?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

If you unplug the sub before running AiQ, you'll get even more low end. So it's really up to you and how you prefer it to sound. Some users like it that way, others don't. You certainly can give it a try if you're unsure. 

Highlighted
mozzzee
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

Thanks,ill give it ago once home.

Highlighted
joselujan
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 10, 2017

You do have a point about the app. It would be great if Bose would allow us to adjust the base by the app. Just like it does with the center. Because their is some things like music that sounds good with the correct base. But when your trying to play video games you want to add some additional base so you can here the punches a little more.

Ok justed updated to Ver 16.0.12 from 15.0.20. Time to give this a try and see how it sounds.