mozzzee
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

Re: Acoustimass 300, SoundTouch 300, and reports of low bass

I ran Adapiq on v15 with Am300 unplugged, then plugged in Am300 and base is there with spacious sound.

I upgraded to v16 and i think its quite a bit better

I am however a little nervous to reset the soundbar back to factory defaults as i am happy the way it sounds  now.

I am now having a little ark issue so i may reset tommorow and report back.

Highlighted
dougjc2000
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 4, 2017

I updated to 16 from 15 a couple days ago.  I got lazy & just tried to do the update with no resets the 1st time.  The result was my AM300 would not pair.  2nd attempt I did a factory reset & both AM300 & surround speakers paired OK.   I have not run Adaptiq yet.  There is no question that bass levels are up.  I do have one little downside.  On version 15 I didnt have  ARC issues (new Sony TV).  On 16, when starting the soundbar & TV sometimes there seems to be a comms issue over ARC.  The simple solution is I have to pull the HDMI cable out of the TV & plug it back in while both are still powered.  Then all is fine.  Most of the time it works OK.  I've never tried it with an optical cable, maybe that is a more solid technology with this system.  

Highlighted
src233
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 17, 2017

Hi src233, 

I'm sorry to hear that. I'd recommend trying to add the HDMI ARC in tandem with the optical connection to see if that brings the volume adjustment back to your TV. 

Brent:

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, that does not help. Also, after having used the system another day or so, I notice that when I turn the TV/satellite system on, I must always select the TV input from the Bose remote to get sound. Before, it would remember the TV input as my last selection, though it could take about 5 seconds to register.

I guess I could go back to v.14. I don't think I liked the sound with 14 quite as much, but I hate having to reach for the Bose remote every time I turn my system on. Sigh.

Highlighted
alan123
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Ive spent several frustrating hours trying to sort it out the problems updating to  v 16. doing more factory re sets, using the AdaptIQ with the AM300 plugged in and out, with it plugged out. the bass is better but the rumbling sound which is on most of the time was even worse, and with the AM300 plugged in it was just as bad but with low bass yet agian and and loss of clear voices and overall quality, i must be doing something wrong any advice please.

I it possible to downgrade to v 14 ?

Highlighted
LordK77
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 6, 2017

@alan123 Same problem here...Bose take my system back to check it...I hope it's an hardware problem but honestly i doubt...

I think the majority of users do not even realize that their bass are bad, without mid-range frequency...

Highlighted
alan123
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

we have only our system 20 days, i just cannot understand why it sounded so good in the store, also we did a factory re set on 15 before the 16 became available and it was fantastic, the only reason we upgraded  to 16 is we read that it was mandertory.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi itsgauravkumar and John71, 

Thank you for the question. It is the same version. 

Hi mozzzee and dougjc2000 ,

Try to adjust the order that you power your devices on. Turn on your soundbar first, then your peripheral devices, followed by your TV last and see if that helps. 

Hi src233, 

Try to adjust the CEC setting on the soundbar to "Alternate On" and see if that helps. 

Hi alan123 and LodK77, 

If you're getting a rumble/wind sound at all times and a factory default has not resolved this, there could be something wrong with your system. Please reach out to your local service group HERE

Thank you 

Highlighted
alan123
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Hi Brent 

Its not there all the time it seams to be when when the background is quite and the best way to explain it is its like the bass is trying to compensate and throw more bass out.....but i would like to strees again that the factory re set we did before the firmware update on v 15 was perfect everything woked a treat with the same settings that we have now....... its only happened since we had to upgrade to v16 .... 

Can you also give me a contact number other then the tech support as i wish to make a complaint about one you your Bose outlet shop that i vivited today to see if i could get some advice and was treated appallingly 

thanks 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Alan,

I deeply apologize for how you were treated at that factory store.  If you could, please call SoundTouch support at 1-800-608-2673, and ask to file a complaint regarding the store you were treated poorly at.  

Regarding your Acoustimass 300 audio issues, there are a few things you can try to get a bit more Bass from the AM300.  Factory reset  the ST300 sound bar, then  unplug the AM300 from power.  Set up the ST300, run adaptiQ, then after that has completed reconnect the AM300 to power and connect it to the Soundbar.  

Does this restore bass to the system?

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
alan123
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Hi Brandon

Thank you for your reply, since my last message I returned to PC World where i purchased my Bose system, and they gave my a contact number which i have now reached out to and reported the issue with the person at the Bose store.. and also discussed the problems i have.

They have said that the problem could be with the Acoustimass 300 as it appears there are issues with some of the modules not acepting the new firmware, they said if that was the case then i would have to return it for a replacement, which quite frankly was not acceptable at my cost, on a product that is  3 weeks old today... however PC World are more than happy to replace the module which i will be doing today and i have everything crossed that it is a fault with the Acoustimass 300.

Thank you for your advise regarding the things i could do but i have already tried what you suggested and the problem remains the same