Acoustimass 300, SoundTouch 300, and reports of low bass

Bose Community,

We have received reports of a decrease in audio fidelity, notably, low bass after software update 15.x on SoundTouch 300 systems using our Acoustimass 300. First off, we would like to apologize for the frustration this issue has caused as we understand the sound quality of your systems is of the utmost importance. We appreciate your feedback to our investigation, and we have some good news to share with you. We have listened, and we are in the process of making changes to bring the sound quality back to what you experienced before the most recent software update. Of course, we need to ensure any software update goes through our standard quality and testing cycles before we make it available to our customers.  So we ask for a bit more patience while we do so and we will be sure to communicate more specific details on timing soon. Please stay tuned to this post for more information soon.

Thank you

638 REPLIES 638
Dave Gilbert76
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Aug 14, 2017

Re: Acoustimass 300, SoundTouch 300, and reports of low bass

Hi Brent,

Thanks for the update - this has been cascaded through various sources and looks like Firmware 16.xxx is on the cards in September. I for one cannot wait as i my investment return in Bose is listening with pleasure to the dynamic range and deepest bass (to paraphrase your marketing guys)...

I am rather disappointed that you have closed the thread AM300 - and it hasnt been resolved until your customers receive the update and are satisfied that the audio quality is back to a level it should be for a high end system. In normal IT processes you would ask your end user if it is resolved before closing the ticket!!! By closing the thread i think your marketing guys are hoping that the 25 pages of utter misery your customers have felt will be soon forgotten as nobody can post onto that thread any longer.

Anyway here is to hopefully a successful firmware update and ongoing strides in app functionality your customers are crying out for. If we are still only marginally closer to having the system we all think we are going to get ....then i for one will be demanding a full refund and an official public apology from Bose.

Thanks.

Dave.
JAAS666
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 10, 2017

Dave.. That's damage control 101.. Stop it from spreading.

My bet is that September will go by with no update, and with that my potential purchase.

Let's really hope I'm proven wrong for the sake of those like you that already made the investment.
Keith.adley@strother-labs.com
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 16, 2017

Quote..... Of course, we need to ensure any software update goes through our standard quality and testing cycles before we make it available to our customers

So what happened to quality control and testing for release 15?

dougjc2000
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 4, 2017

#^@* happens. Look all around you, it's everywhere.   The key is the response.  In this case, probably a bit slow out the gate.  Hopefully, good progress going forward.  All I'm recommending is that we give Bose a little time to do it right this time.  This isn't a mission to Mars, I expect they will make it right.   

Animal
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 21, 2017

Then why did it take a 28 page thread for them to admit there was a problem in the first place, and Doug btw I noticed your thread about worrying about updating cause of all the problems of the new update. Is that confidence in a brand ????? No ! 

TekHead
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 22, 2017

Want to kick it up a notch? Add more.

When you first hear the SoundTouch 300 soundbar, you'll understand why we spent nearly 10 years perfecting the technologies that really make it sing. But you can have more, whenever you want. Just add the Acoustimass 300 wireless bass module. It's the difference between hearing bass and feeling thunder. Even more? Combine it with Virtually Invisible 300 wireless surround speakers for full-on surround sound. 😂😂😂

GuyinPA75
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Oct 16, 2016

The ST300, the soundbar itself, I think has highs too high. After watching a movie or even a tv show, my ears hurt, even though sound volume is not turned up loud. Like frequency is too high or such.

Would LOVE BE ABLE to adjust treble and/or highs. Would do a lot for this system.

Bose competitors have that feature. Just saying.

Jcm800
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 27, 2017

I fully agree with the above comment. Heck there's a clearer voice button on the controller! It's just not needed imo.
Having the ability to adjust the top end is tho..
TekHead
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 22, 2017

Yeah, I agree with the comments above, the whole system isn't working, the high end really does hurt my ears, it's like there's no mid range or bass. I'm getting a better sound from my Bose Soundlink mini at the moment.