Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alan123
Participant
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Acoustimass 300, SoundTouch 300, and reports of low bass

sorry i ment to add yes it restores the bass but the rumbling sound which is not all the time remains the same, i have even turned the bass down which improves the rumble sound but the lack of bass it very noticable and the whole audio experiance is poor

law401
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 29, 2016

I have the same issues rumble bass.. I have 2am300.. Both of my subwoofer rumble depends on the movie ..
alan123
Participant
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

@law401 wrote:
I have the same issues rumble bass.. I have 2am300.. Both of my subwoofer rumble depends on the movie ..

Wow you must have a big room, dont mean to be cheeky but why 2? 

law401
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 29, 2016

alan123
Participant
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Update on the issues ive had just to say that it looks like it was a problem with my AM300 as we have exchanged it today and now have no wiind/rumble everything is so much better .. so it looks like what Bose said is correct that some of the AM300 Modules are having issues with the new firmware ...

KTSA5239
Participant
Registered since

Oct 10, 2017

Can you please describe the problem more specifically before the exchange? I felt like mine is rumbling too much too, but it doesnt do it all the time.  I dont know if my is faulty or not. 

alan123
Participant
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Hi 

yes happy to help we only purchased the complete system 3 weeks ago, it was on Version 15, we did have bass distortion  so came to the forum for help, we did a factory re set and re calaberated everything and it was perfect .. 2 days later we had the update for v16 which as we understood was mandertory so we did the updated .. then the problems occured .. the rumble wasnt all the time, and to be honest it seamed to occur when the least expected. for example on quite studio recordings seamed to have what i would describe as wind tunnel sounds .. so we spoke to Bose and they said they were having problems with some of the AM300 modules accepting the new firmware ... and advised us to exchange 

It is clearly 100 times better the bass is deep and powerful and the voice clarity is fantastic hope that helps 

KTSA5239
Participant
Registered since

Oct 10, 2017

Thanks for your update.

The problem with mine is, I feel like the bass got weaker after the update but it’s not creating rumbling noises or distorting, just bearly there even at max setting. Would be great if there’s a more definite way to know if my bass module is bad
alan123
Participant
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Unfortunitly I can only go on what Bose said I didnt think it was the module that was at fault, but the firmware, the bass was not to my liking and we had ours on Max .. we tried calibrating with the AM300  unplugged as suggested by others here  and Bose, it did make the bass better but the rumble noice was worse.

I would suggest you speak to Bose they were very helpful and were willing to exchange the AM300 but it was easier for us to do it by the retailer as it was only 3 weeks old i hope you get it sorted out.

StuartBB
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 3, 2017

As per previous posts, when I bought my ST300 + AM300 a few weeks ago, and it auto updated to version 15, the result was so disappointing, I ended up unplugging it, and making excuses to my kids, who are always looking to tease dad on his unnecessary technology purchases.  It auto updated yesterday and it sounds great, for the first time.  The App tells me it’s Interface version 16.150.53, Protocol version 59, and App version 15.120.23, and also tells me it’s software version 16.0.12.  I don’t know what they all mean, but anyway, there were not 16’s in the last version, so it must be new (!).

Bass is noticeable and the general quality is great.  BUT, I have no idea if it can be improved.  My guess is the “status” is the result of a factory reset on version 15, that killed the AdaptIQ calibration, as the latter sent version 15 from bad to worse. 

My question is should I leave it as is, or try the calibration, and if so, after a factory reset and without the Bass connected?