alan123
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Acoustimass 300, SoundTouch 300, and reports of low bass

when we  did a factory re set on v15 we did re caliberate everything, and it was the oppisite for us the v16 ruined everything we tried it with the AM3OO  plugged out which did make it better but caused the rumble/wind tunnel to be worse ... since the exchange everything is fine so in our case it was the module that was not accepting the new firmware.

You do get more bass if you caliberate without the AM300 plugged in, but we have left it as now and we like also of bass.

law401
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 29, 2016

Rumble/wind while playing music to???
alan123
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Hi no it was only when he scenes were really quiet, any back ground noise it seemed the bass tried to push noise out making rumbling noise if that makes sense 

Fasciana
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

@alan123

I really don't know what you mean with wind/rumble!?!

Would you mind describing it in detail, so I can judge if my system is effected, too. I would useful if you can describe an certain situation while watching movies when the wind and rumble occur (it would be best if you could also write which movie it is).

Thank you very very much
law401
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 29, 2016

Oh man because Both of my subwoofer rumble sometimes.. 2AM 300.. 🤦‍♂️.. Bose help
alan123
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Dont really know what else I can say other than it was rumbling, I've explained best I could, I would do more tests but as Bose suggested I took my AM300 back and got a replacement and now its better than ever. All I can suggest is get a replacement AM300 if you believe theres an issue with yours, trust your own judgement.  

itsgauravkumar
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

After upgrading to 16.x, my observations (I reset the system, unplugged AM 300 before running AdaptIQ)

1. It took 3-4 power cycles before ST300 detected AM300 and VI300 (I tried to sync using remote). 

2. Bass is back and it is more than v14 but the punch is missing. For example: when there are lows in the background noise or background score, I can feel the bass at lower levels then what I used to get on v14 but when there is booom sound, it does not thunder the room the way it used to do earlier with v14.

3. There are ARC issues. 80% of the time, my Samsung 4K TV does not detect the soundbar which was an issue prior to v14 but this issue is back again.

4. LEDs are responding in a completely different way. Earlier, when I used to power it ON, it used to turn on in standby mode and only Wi-fi light used to be ON (with lesser illumination) but now when it gets turned ON, it remains turned on the TV source. Sometimes I have noticed that LEDs blink (not the Wifi one but blinks very quick like the connection is loose).

I am loosing my confidence and patience day by day. Whatever is coming out of Bose labs is not well tested for sure. What we are left with is multiple threads of discussions here on Bose community. This is not I paid premium price for. Frustrating!

Minh Phan
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 25, 2017

Hi, I have 1 soundtouch 300, Acoustimass, and 2 soundtouch 10. I skiped the 15.x and just updated to 16.x and would like to share my observations as below:

- Play all feature: works much better than 14.x for me. 

- Play music from NAS: more reliable than 14.x.

- Wired Input Audio Rebroadcast: does not work well for me. My TV is connected to the soundtouch 300, I've experienced some delay with 2 soundtouch 10 (1-2 seconds) although the wifi connection is always great or good.

- Bass: huge problem for me. It's much lower than 14.x, I really miss the bass from 14.x, If there is a way to go back to firmware 14.x, I will do it.

- The link Led light (to show the connection with the Acoustimass on the soundtouch 300): I don't see it anymore although the bass still works with soundtouch 300. It always remains in white when the system is on with 14.x. I thought that the bass might have some problems so I tried to turn off the system, then reset the system to factory stage, and reconnect the Bass, also run Adaptiq but the led on the soundbar only glows white in a few seconds and then turn off completely.

I would strongly advise you to not update the system to 16.x. I hope that bose team will solve the bass issues soon as i think this problem has been noticed for months. Many thanks.

MykelNeiD
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

I still don't know why people hijack this thread and missuse it for their problems.

In case you have a problem that is not related to any bass issues

-> Do your thing and create a own thread.

This one here is getting a mess with all of the stuff that does not belong in here.