Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moakes1
Participant
Registered since

Feb 5, 2017

Acoustimass 300 /Soundtouch 300 pairing issue

I purchased the SoundTouch 300, acoustimass 300, and surround speakers in Dec ‘16. I can no longer get my acoustimass to pair with the SoundTouch bar. My surround sound speakers have no issues. I tried the troubleshooting tips in the manual to include the 3.5mm cable and still the acoustimass plays no sound. I also confirmed the most up to date firmware is installed. My acoustimass status light cycles through amber, white, and red constantly. When I do attempt to pair, the status light turns amber during the pairing process, then resumes cycling through the 3 colors. 

Help please.

7 REPLIES 7
Tegan_M

Re: Acoustimass 300 /Soundtouch 300 pairing issue

Hi moakes1, 

Thanks for reaching out. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this experience in re-pairing your bass module. 

We appreciate you taking the time to perform some great troubleshooting already. 

What I would suggest at this point is to contact your local Bose product support team for further assistance. The LED indicators which you are seeing would indicate a firmware error with your bass module. You can reach out to your local support team via clicking this link and selecting your region, this will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country. 

An agent here will be able to assist you further and get this resolved for you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
RussellRose
Participant
Registered since

Mar 24, 2020

Hi Moakes1,

We have the same pairing issue. Did find a solution on this?

Thanks, 

RussellRose

moakes1
Participant
Registered since

Feb 5, 2017

No solution found. I tried calling their support number with no one answering the phone. My assumption is it is due to the current events happening. I will try calling again in a week. 

sian66
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2020

I have a similar issue. Couple of days ago, the wireless surround speakers quit playing and any attempt to reconnect them ended in a constant blinking amber light. They seem to be rejected from the software/receiver. I tried resetting the receiver, turning off and on all speakers, etc. to no success. The Bose Support may need to investigate and give a better solution or fix the software if software issue. Otherwise, given I am not alone in this, they may need to offer repair at no charge.

RussellRose
Participant
Registered since

Mar 24, 2020

I have been trying to call Bose Support but no success due to our situation right now. I have done everything in my base speakers but no success. I hope they will find out what is the real issues on this. This week I will try to call them for this issue. I hope they will give a better solution and will let you know.

sian66
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2020

Hi, I tried and persevered until I disconnected all power, wires etc. down to the bare soundtouch 300. Waited 1 min and reconnected everything. All TV, and external devices I unplugged as well prior to re-connection. 

Added the wireless surround speakers and it seemed to work. Let's see how long it lasts.

RussellRose
Participant
Registered since

Mar 24, 2020

I send my Base Module last May 5 for repair which they changed the main board and received it yesterday May 26. Set up immediately and it paired to my ST300. Now it's working.