Craigrose
Participant
Registered since

Feb 11, 2020

Acoustimass 300 disconnecting from soundtouch 300

Hi. I just bought a acoustimass 300. I already have a soundtouch 300 and VI speakers. I connected it no problem and was very happy with the bass.

Every day when I get home from work and turn the tv on the acoustimass has disconnected. The VI speakers are still playing sound but no bass from the acoustimass. The light is still solid white on the back of the acoustimass as if it is still connected but no bass, then if I unplug it and plug it back in it connects again. Any idea why ? 

Thanks 

Craig 

6 REPLIES 6
Charlotte_G

Re: Acoustimass 300 disconnecting from soundtouch 300

Hello Craig,

Thanks for reaching out to the Bose Community. The Acoustimass 300 is a great addition to your SoundTouch 300 bundle. 😁

It's certainly strange that the Acoustimass 300 is failing to stay connected when you power on your system. When you unplug it and plug it back in, are you waiting a length of time between plugging it back in at all?

If not, please could you do this again but ensure that the power is disconnecting for at least 30 seconds. It would also be beneficial to do this to your soundbar also at the same time. 

Please let me know the outcome of these power resets. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Craigrose
Participant
Registered since

Feb 11, 2020

Thank for the reply 

Yes last night I did a full reset (sound touch button and tele text button) and turned it all off for longer than 30 seconds after the reset before I linked it all up again and again it was all working fine but tonight the acoustimass wasnt working again 😞

Charlotte_G

Hi Craig, thanks for letting me know.

As you have stated that the LED is still showing as solid white (connected) are you able to confirm if no audio plays when playing through different sources? For example, connect a mobile device (or similar) via Bluetooth and see if the same occurrence is a result.

In addition to this, could you please ensure that your system is running the latest possible firmware version - Manually updating your SoundTouch 300 Soundbar system.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
ChildSupport
Participant
Registered since

May 7, 2020

Have you resolved this issue? I have. I recently posted a reply to someone with a diff issue on the 700 series you might find helpful here:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Popping-noise/m-p/299231/highlight/true#M2503

The instructions on how to reinstall latest firmware and push to all currently connected devices are here:

https://www.bose.ph/en_ph/support/article/updating-soundtouch-300.html

Craigrose
Participant
Registered since

Feb 11, 2020

All working now. Thank you 🙂

ChildSupport
Participant
Registered since

May 7, 2020

Awesome! So glad i could help you! I love this system.. i didnt love the little rattling i got from the soundbar with certain bass tones untill i stacked a couple 3” wide pieces of garage door foam under it a few inches in from each end..

i dont love how the bluetooth studders no matter what frequency or channel setting i set my router too.. but i do have a beefy router right under it and have alot of the same 2.4ghz signals the speakers use going to 8 security cams around my house.. hard to say if it was a bose or router issue though because if i turned off wifi on my phone the bluetooth no longer skipped..

but the airplay feature update solved that for me anyway..

other than that and having to resolve this acoustimass issue i am extremely happy now!

Aquaman sounds amazing with this system! Really unbelievable surround bass effects.. i always choose ac3 5.1 audio.