Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 27, 2018

Acoustimass 300 overload

Hi everyone, sorry for noob question. I recently buy new bass module Acoustimass 300 and when I turn up the volume and play some heavy bass audio I can hear bass overload from sub at that point (really heavy bass, set to max via remote). Sounds like vibration and its comming from bass module and also a lot of air comming from bottom :)) Is it ok? It happens only at high level and videos such like this: https://youtu.be/g5tVCEBKjsE
(0:35 sec)

Really sorry for lame question but I read here that this setup can handle 100% load without distort, so I dont know if its ok or I have to visit service.

Thanks a Lot!!
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: Acoustimass 300 overload

Hi aaaaaaa

Thanks for posting in the Community!

• Do you happen to know if this happens on all different types of sources?  (DVD player, Cable box, Bluetooth, SoundTouch)
  • The other thing is it could be dependent on the audio was mixed when it was being being produced.
  • The YouTube link you posted is actually a stereo signal and not true 5.1.  So what could be happening is the soundbar is trying to compensate for this and providing poor bass performance.
  • Lastly, were you able to run AdaptIQ to calibrate the system?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 28, 2017

Re: Acoustimass 300 overload

Hi aaaaaaa,
I too had the same problem, I solved moving the bass module to another point in the room.