richardcook326
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 5, 2018

Re: Acoustimass 300 popping noise

Installed a big update last night and it does seem so far to be much better. However did disconnect a few times when i was using my xBox.

briansp
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 6, 2018

Add me to the list of users getting a popping noise.

We've had the Soundbar 300 and the Acoustimass 300 for nearly a year, and this just started in the last week.  It is an annoying popping noise coming from the Acoustimass 300.  Generally when watching videos with a bit of Bass, but nothing really loud or obnoxious.  We generally watch travel youtube videos, or shows on Hulu.   All of our viewing comes from AppleTV.   The Soundbar and the Acoustimass are about 5 feet apart, and our internet router is in a different room, probably over 30 feet away.   The AppleTV is the closest device, as it also has to be hooked to the Soundbar and the TV.

I have unplugged to reset, and the noise is still there.   What is the next step?   It is really disheartnening to spend this much and have it last for such a short period of time.

Hi briansp,

Thanks for the post, and sorry to hear about the issues you're having.  Thank you for providing your troubleshooting steps and connected devices.

Does this popping noise happen when you're playing internal SoundTouch sources, like internet radio or Spotify?

Is the AppleTV connected to your TV via HDMI, or does it connect to the Soundbar via HDMI or Optical, then HDMI up to the TV?

Let me know so we can get this resolved for you.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Bose Support

Hdrydr
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 18, 2018

My apologize if I'm going about this the wrong way but I need help.  I have the LS650 system which I might add works great.  Ive only had the system 4 days now.  Yesterday I picked up another acoustimass 300 wireless sub.  First, once i plugged in, the unit started to smell like burning electronics.  Like anything new i gave it a few minutes and it seemed all was ok.  Did the ADAPTiQ set up.  started a movie and and periodicly the new second sub pops.  the sub is only 5 hours old.  The sub that came with the LS650 is producing no issues.  I need a little help here.  The subs are running wireless.  This is the reason for buying the system.  

Hello @Hdrydr,

Thank you for posting. The smell you are experiencing is normal, this is the glue in the bass module heating up and dissipating. However, the popping noise you are describing is usually due to interference. How far did you place the 2nd bass module from the console? Also, what is within this room as far as other devices that may give off a wireless signal? Can you test by moving it to a different location in the room to see if the popping noise continues?

Let us know the results.

Kind Regards,

Joel

richardcook326
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 5, 2018

I have found that if I raise the bass module up (originally I turned it upside down but now have it sitting on bits of wood about 1-2 inches high) and i no longer get the disconnection.

I have yet to decide whether I will return the speaker for repair or whether I'm ok with it as it is.

mattbuk
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 8, 2017

My issue is still happening. Anyone else managed to fix theirs?

SolidBose
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 19, 2017

I hardwired mine and the problem stopped haven't tried Wireless again for fear of getting disappointed again of this expensive thing
Highlighted
mattbuk
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 8, 2017

Hardwired is not an option for me really - have wooden floors. One of the main selling points to the misses was that is was wireless haha. We had a wired 5.1 system previous to this and she hated the wires.

Glad it's worked for you though. I'll have to keep on hoping for an update, but as you said for such an expensive products, it's sooooooo poor.

pancakeham
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 14, 2018

i had the same promblem, i went and bought a 3.5 audio cord for direct plug in. it fixed the promblem