Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pjpn001
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2018

Re: Acoustimass 300 popping noise

Hello Bose,

I too have the SoundTouch 300 and Acoustimass Bass module and also experiencing this popping noise!

I have not yet logged a problem with Bose, but I will do, as you have mentioned in previous threads on your 'Contact Us' page.

But, ....what is Bose doing to resolve this problem? Are Bose working on this problem, or ignoring it? Have Bose done simple tests, like switching off their router to find what this so called interference is? And please don't avoid answering these questions, as they are questions we all need to know the answer to!

I have spent hundreds of pounds on shielded Sandstrom HDMI cables, attached noise suppresson clips to all power cables, but the popping noise continues randomly. 

Come on Bose!!!! Sort it out!!!!

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi pjpn001,

Thanks for the post, and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with intermittent audio from your Acoustimass 300.

If you are getting the popping noise still, I would recommend you try and change the channel that your wireless router's 5 GHz network is broadcasting on.  My recommendation would be to change it to channel 48, and set it to fixed so it does not jump around.

Are you able to try this?  If so, give it a shot and let us know if this helps.

Best,

Brandon

Rico75
Participant
Registered since

May 21, 2018

My Bose SoundLink 300 with Acoustimass 300 has been perfect since I bought it in July 2017.  A few weeks ago, I started getting this noise you are all complaining about.  It is aweful!  It sounds like the speaker is blown randomly.  It just started a few weeks ago and hasn't changed since.  It does it every day.  Sometimes it happens when I'm cranking it loud, sometimes when it's relatively low.  Definately related to the low bass notes.  Just sounds like something inside is rattling against the speaker.  I called customer support and they say I need to reset to factory and recalibrate with AdaptIQ.  I'm not convinced this will help, but I'm going to try it when I get home tonight.  More to come...

mattbuk
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 8, 2017

Just an update to this.

Since I originally purchased the SoundTouch 300 and Acoustimass 300 Bose very kindly replaced both items. However, the popping noise continued.

I've now changed my TV from a 2016 Samsung KS8000 to a 2017 LG B7. It will be interesting to see if this popping noise continues, as I couldn't possibly change anything else!

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi mattbuk,

Thank you for getting back to us. Please keep us informed on this issue to let us know if it's resolved.

Warm Regards,

Joel

mattbuk
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 8, 2017

The popping still happens. Granted not as much as the KS8000 but still it pops Smiley Sad

Graeme
Participant
Registered since

Jul 24, 2018

Hi,

I've had my Bose 300 since September last year.

It has also just started clicking noises, which is very annoying. I've looked through this forum and nothing seems to be done to rectify this !!!!!

Any definitive answer ?

Graeme

mattbuk
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 8, 2017

Unfortunately it would appear nothing can be done. I've had both the sub and sound bar replaced, my TV has even changed since I've had the system. I've also changed the subs position (sound bar has to be kept where it is). Nothing has stopped it completely, just improved it i.e. less frequently.

It must be an environmental issue. However, the amount of wi-fi and interferences in peoples homes nowadays, surely Bose should have invested sometime into shielding for outside sources.

rktect29
Participant
Registered since

Aug 21, 2018

Just spoke with someone at Bose who had limited understanding of the English language. From what I can best understand, she said they’re only two solutions to this other than hardwiring the sub, move the sub or relocate my router.

I told her I was going to relocate my subwoofer to the box and take it back.

This is total crap, and Bose should have this fixed.

rktect29
Participant
Registered since

Aug 21, 2018

How do you change the channel?