Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SolidBose
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 19, 2017

Re: Acoustimass 300 popping noise

I ended up hardwiring mine a few months ago and haven't had that issue since so never tried to use it wirelessly again, but I thought by now this issue was fixed, apparently not then?
mattbuk
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 8, 2017

Unfortunately, as I've found, you have three options.

1) Put up with it (even after moving the sub to another location)
2) Hardwire
3) Return

It's shocking how it's not been updated, but clearly it's a hardware issue, not software. Pretty poor product testing if I am being honest.

No doubt this will be sorted when they announce a new sound bar, which includes Atmos - which we'll no doubt need to by a whole new setup, rather than replacing the sound bar itself.

Zeebo
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 30, 2018

add me to the bunch!! i just had this setup for less than a week, two nights ago the Sub start to "pop" randomly, i have a Cisco Meraki MR33 AP, and it is a very powerfull AP with a broad broadcast spectrum, for some odd reason Bose Soundtouch will not connect to it eventhough it's only 5 feet off the ceiling, when i managed to connect to it the signal was "Fair", i disconnect and connected to ATT (1Gb/s) router which is upstairs 20 feet away, and the signal is "Excellent", Im a network engineer and i know a bit about networks, my home network is in mesh and there is no reason for the Bose not to connect to it, it turns out this stupid thing will interfere with 2.4Ghz band, so if you want the pop to stop, you need to manually disabled the chanell from broadcasting, my issue is i have smart thermostat thant needs the 2.4Ghz band, so im not going to change how my network configuration so Bose can operate, it should be the other way around. anyway im returning this product, for $1400 system this should not be happening.

mattbuk
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 8, 2017

Now the Soundbar 500 and Soundbar 700 are being released, I wouldn’t hold my breath for a solution. We’re stuck with the popping now!!!
Dcbh
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 27, 2018

Hey mate!

I have the same problem! With exactly the same setup. Sounds like popcorn going crazy in my sub.
Did you find a solution?
Catch me on: dblixth@gmail.com

Lets help each other!
SolidBose
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 19, 2017

I used mine wired for the last few months with no problems but ultimately sold the unit this week, will be getting Sonos this Christmas instead.
Zeebo
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 30, 2018

Sonos does not support DTS, you might need to think about that since DTS is the widley used audio format for all DVDs and blueray players. i disconnect the wifi on my soundtouch and teh Sub is linked with no issues to the soundtouch and there is no poping noise at all.

Paulcbc
Participant
Registered since

Sep 30, 2018

Dear all, 

Following the advice of one of the posters here, I configured all my wireless routers’ 5GHz wifi signals to channel 48. After doing this, I’ve had no more popping sounds. 

Do try it out and see if this can help you guys... Cheers

Paul

Zeebo
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 30, 2018

Choices vary by country, but in the United States, these non-overlapping 5 GHz channels are most recommended: 36, 40, 44, 48, 149, 153, 157 and 161.
Usable non-overlapping 5 GHz channels also exist between 48 and 149, specifically 52, 56, 60, 64, 100, 104, 108, 112, 116, 132, and 136.
The interference is caused mainly by the 2.4 GHz band since it’s the most used by devices. The pop will comeback eventually even if you disable the 2.4 GHz band which I did, I’m a network engineer and I tried every possible scenario, the only thing that worked for me was disabling the WiFi on the Bose sounchtouch completely. Problem solved no more popping, Bose is aware of the issue on the soundtouch 300 system they didn’t want to fix it through a firmware update since they just released the soundtouch 500 and 700, which by the way you need to buy the Acoustimass that matches each bar..
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi Zeebo,

Thanks for posting and all the detailed information. I just wanted to jump in here and mention that the current Acoustimass base modules will be compatible with the Soundbar 500 and 700. 

If you have further questions, I would recommend contacting your local Bose support team for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down until you see "Contact Us".

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support