Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GnKHanosh
Contributor
Registered since

May 29, 2015

Re: Acoustimass 300 popping noise

I hear the pop mostly during when certain commercials are playing.

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi ThomMyers, 

I'm sorry to hear that. The issue you are experiencing certainly could be from interference. At this point I'd recommend giving a call to your regional service group by going HERE, selecting your region, then "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page. If the interference can't be eliminated, the best option would be to get a cable to hard wire the soundbar and Acoustimass. 

Hi GnKHanosh, 

Thank you for the post. Curiously, what have you tried for troubleshooting? Does the popping happen even when using a SoundTouch source? Are you connected using optical or HDMI-ARC? Please let us know. 

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support

richardcook326
Participant
Registered since

Feb 5, 2018

I am also experiencing the same issue with the bass module where it keeps unpairing/pairing itself with the soundbar. It does this a few times and then seems to give up and the status light on the subwoofer stops lighting up.

Nothing has changed at all and it was all working fine until a week or so ago so I find it hard to believe that "interferance" is causing the issue, especially considering my virtually invisible speakers are working fine.

Brian_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi richardcook326,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing a similar issue. Interference may or may not be the culprit here. We'd have to try a few tests to be sure. Typically, wireless routers are the most common cause of interference that we hear about with these systems. To rule this out, could you temporarily disconnect your router from power and retest the system? If the connectivity issue with the bass module continues, we will know to explore other troubleshooting steps. If the system suddenly starts working better while the router is disconnected, we will know to explore steps to eliminate or reduce the interference from the router. Please let us know your results!

Best regards,

Brian - Bose Support

richardcook326
Participant
Registered since

Feb 5, 2018

Hi

I have already tried switching off the router (which is in another room) and also all other electrical equipment and the issue still occurred. I also placed the speaker in the same area as the surround speakers, which do not have this issue, but it still happened.

I have reset the soundtouch and re-paired all the speakers, again it made no difference.

I purchased the bass module in November 2017.

A new one for this evening, the bass module is now trying to pair even though the sound bar is not actually turned on.
I have unplugged the bass module which is now unusable.  Please can you advise how I get a replacement?

Thank you
Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello richardcook326,

Thank you for getting back to us with the results. For service, I would suggest to contact your local service group. If you go HERE, select your country, scroll to the bottom of the page, select "Contact Us" and there will be a phone number displayed. 

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

Martha Andrus
Participant
Registered since

Feb 16, 2018

Experienced the popping sound with the SoundTouch 300 sound bar and 2 invisible speakers while watching cable TV, and it was driving me CRAZY. Just for the heck of it I tried shutting off the Bluetooth on my iPhone... no more popping sound.
donniew
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 22, 2017

This is peculiar as hell. A warbling, popping sound, but only in the deeper tone sounds, "bass" of movies ... and I swear it happens almost exclusively - if not 100% of the time - when I'm watching Netflix. Never heard it with cable TV or when playing music from my iPhone connected via BT. Is it possible some audio encoding that Netflix is using is the issue ?

Next - I have one of these mesh WiFi systems. Access point in my office rooms away, but a satellite wifi unit plugged into the wall outlet in the den right next to the Bose equipment. I've moved that satellite around all over and their is no magic location that eliminates the issue, but I just played a trailer on Netflix that matches my criteria above, and the popping sound was very prevalent. Then I unplugged the satellite - replay the same exact trailer that had popped numerous times before - problem goes away. *BUT* when I then plugged the satellite back into the outlet and let it reconnect to the access point, the problem still wouldn't reoccur even on the same exact trailer that had caused the issue multiple times previously.

Do we know what frequencies to avoid in our WiFi equipment to keep them from intefering with the Bose hardware ? Is there a way to isolate ? 

SolidBose
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 19, 2017

By now this issue should be well documented by support, being that there are several threads/ reports about it, and this issue started happening after the update #14 if I'm not mistaken, what is bose going to do to address it? Shouldn't this be fixable by a software update? Instead of directing everybody to a repair center??
Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I'm guessing this issue is some sort of wireless interference.  A poster above solved it by shutting off his bluetooth phone connection.  I would try by shutting down every electronic device in the house except the Bose and start from there.