Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 3, 2017

Acoustimass 300

I currently own a Soundtouch 300 and I have been planning on getting an Acoustimass 300. I saw a lot of posts recently regarding issues with lack of bass on the Acoustimass 300 since the latest firmware updates, has this issue been resolved or should I wait before purchasing an Acoustimass 300? There was a post about downgrading firmware, this is not something I want to have to do as the soundbar has been working very well since the last update.
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 3, 2017

Re: Acoustimass 300

I've done the software update this week and have no issues with the base altering from how it was before and I can say that the difference in sound when adding the base speaker is amazing. I am having issues with the base speaker loosing connectivity with the soundbar though as I've mentioned in another post which bugs the hell out of me. 

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 9, 2017

I also have no problem with the update. And connective is stabil.
Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 10, 2017

@Old Greg

You can buy the acoustimass300 without any problems it's very good and very powerfull, The only thing is that the latest updates are not perfect and Bose should listen to us to fine tune the sound quality. 

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Add me to the list, no issues here with the latest update.  I did run the Adaptiq after the last update.  After I'd installeed the update, things sounded different.  Things are good here.  

Edit:  So I did some testing today and have to agree.  The thunder is gone.  The sub is working and it's pushing out some level of bass, but not what it once was nor what I expect from it.  I get that downgrading is an option, but frankly that's a hassle I don't want to deal with unless I'm going to be stuck with this for an extended period of time. 

The AM 300, when working as intended, is an absolutely wonderful addition to your ST 300.  Once I heard it, I knew I had to buy both pieces together. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 25, 2017

Personnaly, I'm facing the same issue as many others since the last firmware update. Bass level has decreased significantly....

Now, there's no real difference in sound with Accoustimass on or off 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Old Greg, PatR171, and GMAD, 

We've seen a few reports similar to this one and we're looking into it.  We do know that an AdaptIQ bug that impacted many systems was actually resolved in this version and our theory is that it's connected somehow.  We've got a call into engineering and we're doing some in house testing to try to recreate the issue.  In the meantime, we'd suggest following THIS thread because it'll be difficult for us to keep track of many different ones. We'll provide updates there today at some point. 

Thanks

Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 3, 2017

Thanks for all the responses. Seems like quite a mix, probably not be a good time to buy. I'll keep an eye on that other post.