Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 30, 2017

Adaptiq Calibration

I have just purchased the SoundTouch 300 and started to install it with much enthusiasm. My enthusiasm disspiated very quickly once I started to try the callibration procedure. I get to the language when I'm told to press the volume up to progress to the next step. However, it does not matter as to how many times I've done this I keep on being told that the adaptiq has been disconnected, which it had not. I have unplugged and the reinserted the headphone, but without any result other than "The ADAPTIQ has been disconnected." This is extremely frustrating can anybody give me adivice as to how to progress to the next level? Brian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Adaptiq Calibration

Author Accepted Answer selected by Brian Basson

Hi viveksrivastava1954@gmail.com,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the ADAPTiQ calibration process. As RahulMenon mentioned; is the ADAPTiQ headset connected to the appropriate jack? There is a port on the back of the SoundTouch 300 soundbar that is labeled ADAPTiQ. Please be sure that this is where you are connecting the headset. 

If this is where you have been connecting the headset, does the speaker announce any error codes? Are there any voice prompts at all? 

Here are a few troubleshooting steps we can try:

• First, be sure the system is turned on. In order for the system to initiate the ADAPTiQ calibration process, the system must first be powered on. 
  • Disconnect and reconnect the ADAPTiQ headset. 
  • Try connecting another device with a 1/8" (3.5mm) connection to the ADAPTiQ connection. If the ADAPTiQ process begins, remove this other device and reconnect the ADAPTiQ headset. 

Let us know if this helps!

Best regards,

Brian

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 30, 2017

Hello All,

I've solved my own problem - thank you to those who have read this. I plugged the headphones into the Acoustimass port insetad of the Adaptiq port. I now have other issue which I'll post when I get my head around it. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2017

i haev exactly the same problem as Brian Basson. I have spent the last two hours trying to do this! Very frustrating when you spend so much money!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 5, 2017

As mentioned by Brian, he had connected the ADAPTiQ headphones into the accoustimass port, which caused it not to work. See if you have connected it properly. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Brian Basson

Hi viveksrivastava1954@gmail.com,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the ADAPTiQ calibration process. As RahulMenon mentioned; is the ADAPTiQ headset connected to the appropriate jack? There is a port on the back of the SoundTouch 300 soundbar that is labeled ADAPTiQ. Please be sure that this is where you are connecting the headset. 

If this is where you have been connecting the headset, does the speaker announce any error codes? Are there any voice prompts at all? 

Here are a few troubleshooting steps we can try:

• First, be sure the system is turned on. In order for the system to initiate the ADAPTiQ calibration process, the system must first be powered on. 
  • Disconnect and reconnect the ADAPTiQ headset. 
  • Try connecting another device with a 1/8" (3.5mm) connection to the ADAPTiQ connection. If the ADAPTiQ process begins, remove this other device and reconnect the ADAPTiQ headset. 

Let us know if this helps!

Best regards,

Brian

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 2, 2017

I am so upset about this problem. I just replace my 300 and acoustamass and still, the thing tells me that it is disconnected. I'm getting all my money back, screw Bose, you suck
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2017

Thanks. Seems like my HDMI connection was not working well. I have now connected to with the optic fiber cable and everything works. The failure of the HDMI connection remains a mystery. Vivek

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 2, 2017

Hi, I have SoundTouch JC system, and even after the most recent software refresh (to 16.x) I am unable to make the calibration. Jacks entered to right place. Issue: at. Soundtouch controller right at stary of process - does not matter how long and many times - I push the play bottom, it does not react. Any idea?