JoeFromSJersey
Participant
Registered since

Sep 19, 2018

Add ITunes Library option grayed out

Hi All,

I just got a new computer and am trying to add my newly migrated iTunes library to the Soundtouch app (version 18.1.4).  I removed the old iTunes library from my old computer and uninstalled the app there.  Then installed the application on the new computer and am trying to add the library.  However, when I go to add the library the option for iTunes is grayed out.  I have triple checked that iTunes streaming and xml sharing is allowed.  I have also made sure that media streaming is enabled on the new computer.

Any ideas?
Regards,

16 REPLIES 16
Tony_A
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: Add ITunes Library option grayed out

Hi JoeFromSJersey

Thanks for posting in the community!  Sorry to hear you're running into issues, but would be happy to help!

When installing the new SoundTouch app on the computer, was this done through the Microsoft app store or through the Bose.com website?  If it was installed through the app store, could you uninstall the app and reinstall from this link HERE?

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

JoeFromSJersey
Participant
Registered since

Sep 19, 2018

Hi Tony,

Thanks for taking some time to try to help.  I really appreciate it.  I did indeed install from the BOSE website originally (the link you've provided).  I've actually tried uninstalling and re-installing a few times but always with the same results.

Originally, I thought it may have been because I still had the soundtouch app still installed on my old computer so I started that back up, removed the library, uninstalled and then deleted/reinstalled on the new computer.  Unfortunately though, iTunes is stilled grayed out as an option.

Tony_A
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi JoeFromSJersey

Thanks for testing that out.  Do you happen to have any third party firewalls on the computer?  If so, can we try and temporarily disable them to see if that's what's causing the Library option to be grayed out.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A

quinnys
Participant
Registered since

Sep 21, 2018

We are having the exact same problem, no option to add an itunes library as greyed out.  Deleted app, made sure settings were as per Bose recommendations, speakers and computer all on same network etc etc and no joy,  Would love an answer to this question as so frustrated.

Tony_A
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi quinnys

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Was iTunes installed in the Program Files x86 folder with the SoundTouch app?  

Can we try and reboot the router and the speakers by removing power for 30 seconds?

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

JoeFromSJersey
Participant
Registered since

Sep 19, 2018

It is very frustrating especially considering that I've had it set up like this for a year or two on my old computer with no issues.  It just won't allow me to add itunes as a source on the new one for no obvious reason.

As a temp workaround I'm just exporting the playlists that I'm interested in from iTunes and putting them in a folder and linked the storage as a NAS source.  It's pretty stupid that I have to do that...but at least it'll work for now.

JoeFromSJersey
Participant
Registered since

Sep 19, 2018

Hi again Tony,

I do not.  I've also disabled the standard Windows firewall completly but it did not change anything.  As someone else suggested below I have also rebooted both of my soundtouch systems by unplugging them and it has not changed anything either.

Regards,

Tony_A
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi JoeFromSJersey

Thanks for the update!

This is certainly strange since it was working with previous machines.  I'm going to reach out to you via PM to gather a bit more information and have this escalated to our development team.

Warm Regards,

Tony A

JoeFromSJersey
Participant
Registered since

Sep 19, 2018

Hi Tony,

Thanks for reaching out again.  I've recieved your PM and will try to gather the logs you've requested in the next day or two as I have time.  

Regards,