Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harry067
Participant
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Re: Add ITunes Library option grayed out

Hi there,

i just had the same issue. My Itunes music library is greyed out and can't be added.

My windows media player music library is not greyed out.

Also since the ITunes library and the bose app are on the same PC, the FW should not matter.

Why has Airplay been removed, frustrating. 

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi harry067,

Thanks for the post, and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having.

Has this ever worked in the past?

What type of PC do you have?  What version of Windows are you running?

Let me know so we can help out.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

harry067
Participant
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Hi,

it is a Windows 10, 64 Bit PC (build 1803)

ITunes 12.9.14

It never worked with this method, but Airplay worked like a charme with my other Device (Soundbase) and ITunes.

It works when using the windows Media Player Library of the same music.

All what Joe did I tried as well.

Installed from the web page

Installed in : C:\Program Files (x86)\SoundTouch

Itunes: "C:\Windows.old\Users\harald\Local Settings\Microsoft\WindowsApps\iTunes.exe"

Regards

Harald

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Harald,

Thank you for the information.

It looks like the iTunes installation was installed from the Windows App store, and possibly carried over from an old version of Windows.

Are you able to uninstall and re-install iTunes (from the iTunes website) on your PC?  This may solve the issue entirely.  

Best,

Brandon

harry067
Participant
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Hi Brandon,

that has alredy been done. That is the 2nd or third install of Itunes.

And the Windows install is a new one, not part of an upgrade.

Regards

Harald

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again Harald,

Thanks for the update.

iTunes should not be installed in the Windows.old folder, as this folder is used for old files that the Windows operating system isn't using anymore.

Can you re-install iTunes to the default folder (C:\Program Files\iTunes) using Apple's downloadable installer here?  We don't want to use the Windows Store version that the page defaults to.

Once that's re-installed in the correct location, lets try it again and see if it helps.

Best,

Brandon

harry067
Participant
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Hi Brandon,

this fixed the problem. Thank you.

However I still think it is very bad that Airplay was removed from the speakers.

Since I already had Bose speakers it was kind of mandatory to add the newer ones and now I have a very basicly working solution, not happy.

Regards

H