Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeoffT
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 26, 2018

Additional Device connected to SoundTouch 300 via HDMI loses connection

My TV has 1 HDMI(ARC) connector and 3 HDMI connectors.  I have the Soundbar connected to the HDMI(ARC) connector, my Virgin cable box, Chromecast, Appple TV connected to the 3 additional HDMI connectors.

I also have a Sony Bluray/DVD player that I rarely use but which I wanted to connect, per the ST300 instruction manual p44, to the ST300 HDMI connector.  The DVD player powers on but doesn't reach the "home" page before it is, somehow, over-ridden by the Chromecast screensaver and it then powers off.

I connected the DVD player directly to the TV and it works perfectly.

I have been unable to get the BOSE Universal remote to work with the DVD player so have used the DVD remote to operate it - coild this make a difference?

(Seems like I spend an inordinate amount of time trying to get the ST300 to do things that the manual implies are simple.  THE HDMI(ARC) dropout issue is an ongoing pain.)

I would appreciate any help - thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emmet_H
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Re: Additional Device connected to SoundTouch 300 via HDMI loses connection

Author Accepted Answer selected by GeoffT

Hello GeoffT,

If you're connecting directly to the input on the HDMI of the Soundtouch 300, try enabling the HDMI In Direct Audio. The following instructions should assist.

To enable or disable the HDMI IN Direct Audio setting, follow these steps:

Open the SoundTouch app

Select Menu

Select Settings

Select Speaker Settings

Select the SoundTouch 300 system name

Select Advanced Setup

Select HDMI IN Direct Audio

Once enabled, in the HDMI IN Source Button section, chose which button on the remote that will activate the HDMI input on the soundbar.

When disabled, the remote button chosen to activate the HDMI input will no longer perform this function.

We hope this helps, let us know if it resolves your issue. Thanks for posting and have a great day.

Best Regards,

- Emmet

Bose Community

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Emmet_H
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by GeoffT

Hello GeoffT,

If you're connecting directly to the input on the HDMI of the Soundtouch 300, try enabling the HDMI In Direct Audio. The following instructions should assist.

To enable or disable the HDMI IN Direct Audio setting, follow these steps:

Open the SoundTouch app

Select Menu

Select Settings

Select Speaker Settings

Select the SoundTouch 300 system name

Select Advanced Setup

Select HDMI IN Direct Audio

Once enabled, in the HDMI IN Source Button section, chose which button on the remote that will activate the HDMI input on the soundbar.

When disabled, the remote button chosen to activate the HDMI input will no longer perform this function.

We hope this helps, let us know if it resolves your issue. Thanks for posting and have a great day.

Best Regards,

- Emmet

Bose Community

GeoffT
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 26, 2018

Many thanks - problem sorted.
Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Since you have your problem resolved, this post is moot, but I'll post it anyway.  I have my Bose Sountouch 300 connected via HDMI ARC to my LG HDTV.  I also have my U-Verse box and Oppo 4K DVD both connected to the LG via HDMI.) 

I recently purchased a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter for streaming HBO GO wirelessly from my Microsoft Surface Pro 4.  I connected the video adapter to the Bose 300 HDMI jack and plugged the USB cable into a USB jack on my LG to power the display adapter.  That's all I did and everything works perfectly.

I perfer having my main input devices (U-Verse and DVD) plugged directly into the TV.  I use a Harmony 880 remote to control everything.

Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Well, I'm glad I saw this thread.  After posting, I looked and my LG OLED65C7P has 4 HDMI inputs.  So, I moved my Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter to the 4th HDMI and now all my devices are connected to the LG.  It worked before, but I just like it better this way.