Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 20, 2017

After speaker update, Bluetooth cuts in and out on Soundtouch 10

After the latest Southtouch 10 speaker update, when I stream music via Bluetooth from my Mac the music cuts in and out every 10 seconds or so. No problem from Wi-fi. Anyone else having that problem? Anyway to undo the update? It's quite annoying and defeats the purpose of having Bose. I'd just rather go back to SONOS.

6 REPLIES 6
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

Re: After speaker update, Bluetooth cuts in and out on Soundtouch 10

Are you running it on a 5Ghz network? Bluetooth and 5Ghz don't seem to get along on the Soundtouch series.

Try switching to 2.4Ghz wifi instead.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 26, 2017

I have had this issue with my ST20 and my ST300 - even before the update. Interesting about the 5GHz network thing. Unfortunately, I can't separate my 5GHz and 2.4GHz bands or specify what connects to which one.  

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Jan 16, 2017

Never heard this before about 2.4 vs 5 Ghz. I moved all my Bose, Ipad and amazon Dots to the 5Ghz band because of possible inter actions with all my home automation stuff. I heard Zwave is very close to the 2.4 band and may cause problems. Seems to work OK.

"I know it's true because I read it on the Internet - George Washington"

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

Appologies i was back to front, 2.4ghz and bluetooth are on the same spectrum.

So in theory 5ghz should be better.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 20, 2017

No, didn't help. I didnt' have this problem before the last update and now it fades in and out. Cuts off sometimes. Very annoying. I'll probably return these speakers, as it's not the only problem. It never seems to recognize my library, but that's a different story.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi gabe3651,

Can you try to unplug your ST10 to see if a reset will help? Can you also try to reboot your computer? Are you also getting drop outs if you stream Bluetooth with a different device, like a smart phone? Are you streaming songs that are stored on your computer or a streaming service? Can we try a song that is physically stored on your computer? Can you elaborate a little further on what you're experiencing with your library? Do you get an error code when trying to access your library? Do you happen to have any nearby devices that could be interfering on the 2.4 GHz band?

- Princeau99, Z-Wave runs in the 900 MHz area so it is a bit closer to 2.4, but I'm not aware of it interfering with home Wi-Fi. I've been running both (2.4 and Z-Wave) in my residence for the last few years and haven't seen any interference between the two. HERE is an interesting article about Z-Wave. 

Thank you