Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 12, 2015

AirPlay Not Available.

Hello, I am the owner of the Bose Soundtouch 20, I am writing to you as I have a problem. The speaker is connected via Wifi, it works totally fine, but afterwords, if i dont use it for a couple of hours, it shows me the message, that i print screened and attached. For it to work again, i have to unplug it or to restart it ( press the Aux button for a couple of seconds). I also updated the speaker to the last update available, and i also made a downgrade to the router ( 7.6.3), because i read on your website that the speaker would work much better with this firmware. I have the Apple Airport Extreme router. Best regards, VladimirMigrated Image
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: AirPlay Not Available.

Hi Vladimir,

The issue you are describing has the exact same symptoms as an AirPlay issue which was specifically corrected by the latest software (released on March 3). This Speaker software version should read as 7.2.37 in your SoundTouch app. Please follow the steps in this article to verify that you are currently upgraded to that exact version number.
Checking software version
Thank you.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 12, 2015

Hello,
I have updated the speaker to the last software and i still keep having these issues
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Vladimir, 

Try temporarily disabling any other devices which might be automatically selecting the SoundTouch as an AirPlay destination. (Apple TV, Computer's running iTunes, other iOS devices.)

If you still run into the same message, we will next need to gather system logs from your SoundTouch 20 speaker. The procedure for getting log files can be found here:
Collecting system log information for SoundTouch™ 20, 30 and Portable systems
You can email those log files as an attachment to Technical_Support@bose.com Along with your forum Username (so that we can match them up with your post)
Thank you.