Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunny2k1
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 5, 2018

Re: Airplay 2 Integration

@cheplaya wrote:

If I tell my client I dont know when your deliverable will be ready, i will get fired. Not sure the kind of world you live in, but in mine we set targets and make sure we meet it, no matter what happens

You are comparing apple with oranges here. If you sell projects, you pretty much have exprience setting realistic timeframes based on historic projects.

For Apple, it's easy to say that all Airplay speakers are compatible with AirPlay 2. Apple has no technical details regardings non-Apple/non-Beats speakers. There are so many factors (technical and software development wise) which might delay direct explanation which devices are compatible /when the software is ready for shipping. Apple needed a full year to ship iOS/tvOS with AirPlay2. 

This has nothing to do with protecting or beating up Bose. If Bose said all current Airplay compatible will receive AirPlay 2 and - after further analysing - Bose finds issues for some models, the outrage here in the forum would be huge. 

At the moment . given that AirPlay 2 - is out for 8 days, it is impossible to have a precise lineup prediction and when the software release will be. I'm optimistic that Bose will deliver a precise timeline and product line in the near future. 

Apple made a mistake by announcing AirPlay2 "so early". Everbody (even speaker makers) expected AirPlay2 for iOS 11 release back in September 2017. Then it was delayed until end of May 2018. In the meantime, the speaker makers shifted their focus away from AirPlay2 back to new features and bug fixing. I highly doubt, that AirPlay2 has not been on the agenda during that delay. It just moved down as there has been not any pressure to implement it as it was not ready for shipping. Even Apple delayed their speaker, given the promised features were not finished.

tippex
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 26, 2018

gonzalohb
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 28, 2018

In this article https://www.actualidadiphone.com/sonos-sera-compatible-con-airplay-2-en-julio/?utm_source=feedburner...

Sonos announce compatibility whit airplay 2 in July. What’s going on Bose whit your engineer team?? Somebody in this forum said AirPlay it’s only eight days in public, but Sonos announce a mounth to release the update for their compatibility models right now.
Marty K.
Mentor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

I'd like to quote this post from Bose that they made in July 2017:

"Priorities can change. Especially with connected products like SoundTouch, new opportunities can arrive quickly out of the blue. Airplay 2 is a good example here – Apple came to us with an opportunity and we jumped on it. The reality is that AirPlay 2 is the fastest path to Apple Music which is what many of you have been asking for.  But the team that shifted over to Airplay 2 was working on other things that now will take longer to release."

So it seems in the July, 2017 time frame, Bose shifted priorities away from other stuff in order to work on Airplay 2.  Who knows if their priorities have shifted in the meantime (lack of communications from them), but its pretty bad that they apparently delayed other stuff to work on Airplay 2, and 11 months later, there is no Airplay 2 and they're unwilling to offer any details as to when or what products will use it.  Surely if they really started working on it at that time, they'd know by now?  

David-OC,CA
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 10, 2018

I have Bose everything at home and have been a major advocate. Surround sound, many SoundTouch speakers large and small and many outdoor speakers and amplifier. Net spend: ~$25,000

However, you are falling behind in every category. Bose is becoming a dinosaur!!! Speed of innovation is not there and I truly feel that I have thrown away my $25K!

Fire your technology officer. Fire the head of product! It’s time for you to innovate.

I will NOT spend a penny with Bose and will switch to Sonos or even Apple if I see slow adaptation of even Airplay2.

Your soundtouch app sucks! Speakers go out of sync! Speakers are often not found. Sound randomly goes up and down. In the middle of playing music speakers shot down! My hope is that Airplay2 by Apple will save you. Else, good bye friend.. it was nice knowing you and wasting my hard earned money on you.

Please get it together Bose!
David-OC,CA
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 10, 2018

I have Bose everything at home and have been a major advocate. $25,000 invested as of late!
I will NOT spend a penny with Bose and will switch to Sonos or even Apple if I see slow adaptation of even Airplay2.

Your soundtouch app sucks! Speakers go out of sync! Speakers are often not found. Sound randomly goes up and down. In the middle of playing music speakers shot down! My hope is that Airplay2 by Apple will save you. Else, good bye friend.. it was nice knowing you and wasting my hard earned money on you.

Please get it together Bose!
David-OC,CA
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 10, 2018

It’s so sad to see Bose falling behind and wasting our Money on their dinosaur products. And dislike seeing their responses blaming Apple or others! Excuses!!!
Sonos did it in time... why can’t snail Bose?
I am upset but I have been an avid Bose fan and am torn with mixed emotions...
lparsio007
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 11, 2018

I am ready to spend $500 on a new Soundtouch 30 but I will not because it does not support airplay 2.  I recently went over to my friends house and he has sonos.  He gave me the blank stare when I said I was going to buy Bose.  He then said "why?"  

Bose, listen to the feedback given to you for free.  There are customers trying to help you. 

I would contact apple and make your relationship nice again.  Be prepared to send out the airplay 2 firmware updates within two weeks or you'll lose the martketplace.

sadloyalist
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 31, 2016

It's crazy seeing things I was complaining a about in 2015 still not available and still no answers. Search my name and you will see the same conversation with no answers from Bose then. Things like Apple play, tidal music, Alexa integration and now air play 2 are things Bose is too at ease about not addressing. I simply changed from checking the forum daily to weekly to once every 3 Months and it's still the same non answers from them. Only thing I could do is stop buying new Bose products so that I can have the experience I want with my music.
Andy_K
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 27, 2015

I’ve decided to jump - My boys are buying me an Apple HomePod for Father’s Day and it seems that will be the start of us replacing our Bose kit, room by room....

The complete lack of communication on subjects that are dear to users is what has pushed us - as well as no clear support or position on what current and past devices will be supported - Apple Music, AirPlay / Airplay 2, were the main reason I bought into Bose 3 years ago

The amount of friction I feel with The Bose brand as a loyal customer, just isn’t right