cmllr
Participant
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

Re: Airplay 2 on SoundTouch Speakers Update (300 soundbar)

I was pleasantly surprised earlier today when I checked for an update - it looks like a standard 'bug fix' update but when it is completed you are met with a screen that states it can now be used with airplay and I even used it with apple music.

vincsia
Participant
Registered since

Mar 19, 2020

Re: Airplay 2 on SoundTouch Speakers Update (SoundTouch 10)

The latest firmware of SoundTouch 10 supports Airplay?

I tried update Phone and Speakers, but no airplay support.

Hector_B

Hey @vincsia

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Sorry to hear that you are unable to activate Airplay 2 on your SoundTouch 10! 

I would recommend performing a reset on the speaker by turning off your product and disconnecting the power cord for 30 seconds. As well as testing a few different Airplay compatible devices with the SoundTouch 10 to see if they are able to detect it. 

If you are still not able to connect via Airplay 2, please reach out to us via this link here and we can dig into this further for you. 

If any other users are also having this experience, please follow these steps above.   

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
vincsia
Participant
Registered since

Mar 19, 2020

Hi, Hector_B,

Thank you for your respond. i did a factory reset, Airplay has shown. Which is awesome!

But once i paired them in stereo, it lost airplay again? Can this be fixed? 

many thanks!

Hector_B

Glad to hear this vincsia! 

Using Stereo mode with Airplay 2 isn't possible meaning that you will lose Airplay when attempting to do this. 

If you need any further assistance please do let us know. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
vincsia
Participant
Registered since

Mar 19, 2020

Hi Hector_B

Now at least it supports Airplay, good improvement. i hope in near future new firmware update can solve this issue too.

Thank you very much.

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Airplay 2 on SoundTouch Speakers Update

@Wayne_M wrote:

Hey everyone,

We had every intention to release Airplay 2 in 2019 and we apologize it was not launched in this timeframe. Please be assured that we are still working very hard to bring Airplay 2 to SoundTouch speakers and appreciate your patience. We now expect it to be launched by the end of February 2020 for the following products:

• SoundTouch 10
  • SoundTouch 20 Series III
  • SoundTouch 30 Series III
  • Bose SoundTouch SA-5 Amplifier
  • Bose Wave SoundTouch Music System IV
  • SoundTouch 300 soundbar
  • Lifestyle 550 home entertainment system
  • Lifestyle 600 home entertainment system
  • Lifestyle 650 home entertainment system

Today I received my SoundTouch 30’s back from Bose with the Airplay hardware component update. After deleting my old SoundTouch speakers from the SoundTouch app, I installed the updated speakers without event. All my SoundTouch speakers, Smart Home 300 speaker and Cinemate 130 (via Samsung tv) link together using Airplay 2. 

Thanks Bose, for the software and hardware update free of charge. I certainly didn’t expect any of these enhancements five years ago when I bought the  SoundTouch speakers. 

maartenvt
Participant
Registered since

Dec 31, 2016

Re: Airplay 2 on SoundTouch Speakers Update

@Sam_F Can you advice? Do I need to maybe get an hardware upgrade? If so, how do I initiate this request?

@rickatk How did you initiated the hardware upgrade process? and how did you knew you needed one?

Mattclaire
Participant
Registered since

Aug 1, 2020

Sa5 amplifier with airplay not showing

Hi, I have bought a SA5 amp with the ability to connect to Apple airplay 2 as one of the big selling points.

it is unable to be found when searched. My sound at 700 is found and Samsung Tv, but not the sa5.

does anyone know why this is not working? 
Bose, could you please tell me the next step to get this working!!

thanks.

Vicky_W

Re: Sa5 amplifier with airplay not showing

Hey Mattclaire, 

Welcome to the forums. 

We can get you up and running! The steps to do this are here. Should you need further assistance, there is some great troubleshooting here

Let me know if you have any questions.