Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 29, 2015

Airplay 2

I see you moved your Airplay 2 announcement to your archive folder. Does this mean you gave up on it like Apple Music>

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 16, 2017

Re: Airplay 2

If this is the case... "bye bye" Bose. I'm waiting for the airplay support for my St 10 and 20. Thinking of getting the ST300 (plays great) but will wait till the end of the year (can't trust Bose and their promised updates). If airplay is not there, i'm moving on to Yamaha. the YSP-2700 is a great soundbar (supports like 15 audio formats vs. 2 on Bose). Time to keep up with the rest of the field Bose. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi lw9090 and keniutek, 

Thank for the question. That was done by mistake. We haven't given up on Airplay 2. When we have an update on this, we will let the community know. 

Kind Regards

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 16, 2017

That's great to hear. I don't think there's a speaker out there using it (airplay2) at the moment anyways. I bet HomePod will be the first to show it.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Yea, many apologies for that. It was definitely a mistake. I'm really interested in this myself and can't wait to see it develop! 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 6, 2017

AirPlay 2 is now available. It was already available before using the iOS Beta 11.2. I do have a bunch of bose SoundTouch speakers but it’s quite hard to read... can’t wait to see develop... 

To be honest, I don’t care about other products because I am using Bose and that’s the way it should be. For sure Apples HomePod will be the first one using Airplay2 but Bose should be working on a solution already or? 

I do work for a software manufacturer and from a customer point of view - it’s a no go to announce - it’s ready when it’s ready... we will announce an update ... 

Did you already start with the development... did you see any progress, is there a timeline - you are not selling a product - it’s a feature, a very important feature from my point of view... so there should be at least a rough timeline... 

Thanks for a quick replay. 

Cheers, S

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi stefanspfeil,

Thanks for the post.  We are working on implementing Airplay 2, but there is no public timeline for when it will be released.  Stay tuned to the Community as we will post any information we receive there as a stickied thread.

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 27, 2016

Airplay 2 was not released with the GA version of iOS 11.2. I don't believe iOS 11.3 beta has been released yet either.
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 6, 2017

Due the fact that is not officially announced - you are right! Airplay2, at least a part of it, was available in the beta version of 11.2. That’s what I am talking about. So even a manufacturer is able to check the code and possibilities... I do not want a specified date... but there’s always the same lyric announced via Bose. In progress, working on it, ... no official date... something like... the internal dev team finished the development, it's working internally, need to officially accepted via Apple, running through the internal testing environment, ... or not started yet. 😉

@bartlowj wrote:
Airplay 2 was not released with the GA version of iOS 11.2. I don't believe iOS 11.3 beta has been released yet either.