dwcgart1
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 29, 2015

Airplay not in synch after firmware update to 16.0.9

I have three Soundtouch 30 systems and one Soundtouch 20 system. After updating to the latest firmware the music is not in synch on the devices with the rest of the speakers on my network. Is there a way to roll back to the previous firmware version or something else I can try? I verified that the 'Airplay Optimization' is turned on for all of the speakers but that doesn't help. I also tried resetting one of them to factory default settings and rejoining to my WIFI but that didn't work either. They all worked fine before the firmware update. 

58 REPLIES 58
readshoprotterdam@outlook.com
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Sep 23, 2017

Re: Airplay not in synch after firmware update to 16.0.9

Same over here

Fernando Hernandez
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 23, 2017

The same over here. Airplay not in synch after firmware update to 16.0.9

Naums
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 25, 2017

Same here,
see my extra thread...

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for reporting this. I want to escalate this up to the software team. To double check, please let us know the following:

• Are you using iTunes to initiate the Airplay stream to your speakers? If not, what are you using?
  • What version of iTunes are you using? 
  • Are you using a Mac or PC?
  • Have you tried unplugging the systems from power for 30 seconds?
  • Have you tried unplugging your router from power for seconds?
  • Is Airplay Optimization enabled within settings?
  • Can you replicate the issue and use THIS procedure to capture application and system logs?

Please let us know! 

Kind Regards

Naums
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 25, 2017

Hi Brent,
thanks for your answer.
I'm using the new apple tv 4k with netflix and other apps (tvOS 11). Airplay optimization is enabled.
Router and the systems were unplugged an completely new connected.

Kind regards
Thomas
dwcgart1
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 29, 2015

I'm using iTunes 12.7.0.166 on Windows 10. I've tried everything you mentioned. I was on a call with Bose for over an hour the other day about this and they had me try everything you listed. Reboot the router, reset the speakers and rejoin to WIFI, Unplug speakers, turn airplay optimization on. 

i'm not able to get the logs. It never writes them to my USB drive when it is attached to the speaker. 

where is the link to get the Soundtouch Application Log Tool for Windows? iTunes is the only thing i use on the PC. I use the Soundtouch app on my ipad to update the BIOS and make changes to the speakers. 

Naums
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 25, 2017

Me again,
from my point of view there must be a problem within the firmware because the problem occured after the update.
Kind regards
Thomas

Hi everyone, 

Thank you very much for all the details. We have escalated this up to our software team. When we have an update on this, we will share it. 

Thank you 

T.Stranack
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 30, 2017

Same issue here. Bose, you suck. Music on the Soundtouch is about 2 seconds behind all other airplay speakers. It's awful and very poor quality control before rolling out the update.