Highlighted
Registered since

Jun 10, 2016

Akai BT500 Bluetooth Turntable

I've just bought a Soundtouch 20 III and I wanted to pair my new Akai BT500 Bluetooth turntable to it but it just won't connect.  Other bluetooth devices connect to the Soundtouch fine and my turntable connects over bluetooth with no problem to my bluetooth headphones and a really cheap Celcius soundbar I got from Sainsburys for about £25.  But I can't get it to connect over Bluetooth to the Soundtouch which is annoying as I bought the speaker for its Bluetooth connectivity which Sonus lacks.  Has anybody got any ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
Registered since

Aug 4, 2015

Re: Akai BT500 Bluetooth Turntable

I've had many connectivity issues with the Soundtouch system.  Had to troubleshoot on both ends (devices that would connect to other speakers and other devices that would connect to the soundtouch).  It boiled down to other interfering bluetooth or bluetooth-like signals in the area that had to be removed in order to successfully connect.
Process of elimination worked for me inclusive of:
1. Turning off bluetooth on my TV - I have a Sony screen that supports bluetooth for keyboard and a touch remote
2. Turning off bluetooth headphones
3. Turning off my cordless system - both supporting 2.4GHz for voice as well as bluettooth for connecting to cell phones for relaying calls
Not until I went and performed *all* three above was I able to successfully connect certain devices to my soundtouch
Hope this helps.  There may be an issue in between your turntable and the soundtouch but I would recommend looking at environmentals that may cause this behavior as the soundtouch is pretty sensitive in all manners related to connectivity.
Avi

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
Registered since

Aug 4, 2015

I've had many connectivity issues with the Soundtouch system.  Had to troubleshoot on both ends (devices that would connect to other speakers and other devices that would connect to the soundtouch).  It boiled down to other interfering bluetooth or bluetooth-like signals in the area that had to be removed in order to successfully connect.
Process of elimination worked for me inclusive of:
1. Turning off bluetooth on my TV - I have a Sony screen that supports bluetooth for keyboard and a touch remote
2. Turning off bluetooth headphones
3. Turning off my cordless system - both supporting 2.4GHz for voice as well as bluettooth for connecting to cell phones for relaying calls
Not until I went and performed *all* three above was I able to successfully connect certain devices to my soundtouch
Hope this helps.  There may be an issue in between your turntable and the soundtouch but I would recommend looking at environmentals that may cause this behavior as the soundtouch is pretty sensitive in all manners related to connectivity.
Avi

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Registered since

Jun 10, 2016

Thank you for your reply, I will give these a go